Sound Designer Q & A: More about the effects, Plus: All about Music in Odyssey

April 4th, 2007

Part 3 of three-part questions-and-answers session with ‘Adventures in Odyssey’ sound designers… they answer questions on favorite sounds, hardest sounds to create, and why episodes have commericals.

Click to play

Podcast Links

29 Comments on “Sound Designer Q & A: More about the effects, Plus: All about Music in Odyssey”

• Mercy on June 8th, 2009 - 5:08pm

go sound designers!!! You guys rock!!!

• noah on June 19th, 2009 - 6:36am

Yes, you truly don’t get enough credit!

• Mercy on June 23rd, 2009 - 10:09am

YOU ARE AMAZING!!

• Lindsey S. on June 24th, 2009 - 12:15pm

You should write a song book with all your Odyssey songs in it so those who played instruments,(like me!) could play them. Especially the theme song!

• Mercy on July 10th, 2009 - 1:07pm

yeah,that would be cool Lindsay S!

• ethan on December 20th, 2009 - 8:53am

Is it true they are going to have the “Odyssey” theme redone for the 2010 season? That would be good.

• Noah on May 4th, 2010 - 10:37am

I play guitar, which wouldn’t be much good for the odyssey stuff. I also play ukelele. They should make a Eugene Sings Ukelele book.

• Noah on May 4th, 2010 - 10:37am

Yes, they redid the theme song.

• Melerandil on April 23rd, 2013 - 11:56am

Only 9 Comments!!

SDG

• peanut on December 20th, 2013 - 2:05pm

Alright everyone! You can go ahead and post your theory about how Mitch could come back to AIO or why he shouldn’t. Every comment is welcome. Here is my idea of how Mitch could come back. So, Mitch and his wife move to Odyssey and have a few children. They could become a long-lasting Odyssey family. Jason and Mitch could work on some mysteries and stop some bad guys. That would be awesome! Also, Mitch’s family could be featured in a few family adventures. That is my idea. Your turn now

• n/a on December 20th, 2013 - 6:38pm

I think Mitch should come back by Marine getting kidnapped, and Mitch coming to Odyssey and getting Jason’s help. Connie follows them, and later Mitch and Connie are trapped together when rescuing Marine, during this period of time Mitch says, “I’m going to quit being an agent after this.” Because of this Marine divorces Mitch, and Connie happily steps in.

• Hawkeye on December 21st, 2013 - 8:49am

@Peanut
    I love your idea! I think Jason and Mitch should start their own agentcy (sorry if I spelled that wrong) in Odyssey. Then Tasha could come back and Jason and Tasha could get married! Then Wooten and Penny need to get married and Connie and Jeff!

• Rebecca on December 21st, 2013 - 4:37pm

Bring back nova com! It was the best!Pleeaszzzeee!? Maureen is cool and it would be awesome if Mitch and Maureen had a secret mission themselves!

• sage on December 22nd, 2013 - 8:25am

I think that if Mitch had a family it would be awesome to have another family around Odyssey!!!!!!!

• NCHORSEGIRL on December 22nd, 2013 - 2:40pm

nice peanut
    nchorsegirl ridnin’ hard:D

• hope on December 22nd, 2013 - 9:07pm

Kathy does not want to bring Mitch back. Personally I liked it better when Mitch left. It was too much drama for me. When Mitch left I was depressed for weeks. I even stopped listening to AIO. That was hard. When I heard that Mitch was coming back I was so excited. I hoped Mitch would marry Connie. But it did not happen that way. I think Mitch should come back unmarried. Maybe his wife died and left him with some kids. Then Connie can marry him again.

• peanut on December 23rd, 2013 - 10:44am

@Hope- Don’t get me wrong, but I actually think that Connie shouldn’t marry Mitch because that would mean discussing divorce or death in Mitch’s marriage. Maureen is great for Mitch and Connie is better for Jeff then Mitch. But, on another note, I think Jason needs to get married or go on another mystery. Even though he has been in the town of Odyssey for an Album, he wasn’t in it at all! Something needs to happen to Jason. If he and Mitch could work together, HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE??!!

• hope on December 23rd, 2013 - 9:23pm

that would be awesome. Its just I have been listening to AIO for more than ten years. I was kinda disappointed with how they ended Mitch. And Jason why is he not married yet. He would make a great husband. I agree he should go on a mission. Maybe why he is living a normal life he will find himself a wife. Who knows.

• Peanut on January 6th, 2014 - 10:03pm

Hi everyone! There hasn’t been much activity on this page, so I am going to advertise it all over the blog.

• CCCW on January 9th, 2014 - 8:37am

Maureen stinks.

• Peanut on January 10th, 2014 - 9:53am

I really think that Maureen is a good match for Mitch. Connie was too interested in normal life to do agency work.

• J on January 10th, 2014 - 1:30pm

I think that Connie would have ben better.why connie
    loved him more!!

• J on January 10th, 2014 - 1:33pm

PENUT PENUT PENUT yaa *cheering*

• Peanut on January 10th, 2014 - 4:59pm

@J- I think that Maureen does love Mitch but we don’t get to see that in Something Old, Something New. If Mitch and Maureen moved back to Odyssey, they may do an episode about how Mitch and Maureen met. Everyone agrees with this though: Mitch should return to Odyssey in some shape or form. :)

• Sports Teen on January 12th, 2014 - 12:32pm

Peanut: Thank you Mr. Obvious.

• bookworm1013 on January 14th, 2014 - 9:31pm

My opinion: Mitch and Connie would be pretty cool beans.

P.S. Sorry,I`m a person who just read WONDER. Which by the way is a wonderful book.

• mclover on January 16th, 2014 - 2:52pm

I think that Connie should find out that Mitch started Minecraft!

• boring on January 20th, 2014 - 3:55pm

I Think Mitch should come back and Connie should love him again! its to boring write NOW!

• Peanut on January 21st, 2014 - 4:17pm

If anyone wants to test their AIO trivia knowledge in jeopardy, then type in “blasted” into the search box and that is the page. There can only be six people to play at a time, so the first to come to the page will be able to play first. Hope to see you there! :)