March 11th, 2009

Click to play

Passages

Passages

You’ve got questions, they’ve got answers! During this Q and A with executive producer Dave Arnold and writer/director Paul McCusker, find out when new ‘Passages’ audio dramas will be releasing, whether any new adventures with the Washington family are in the works, what the live show DVD will look like, and more replies to what you wonder about ‘Adventures in Odyssey’.

Download this episode to your computer.

Podcast Links

• Hear “Malachi’s Message, Parts 1-3” on Hidden Treasures (Volume 32) along with 8 other exciting adventures.
  • While you’re waiting for new Passages audio dramas—coming in Fall 2009—read the first book in the series, Darien’s Rise.
  • Pre-order Adventures in Odyssey Live! (CD + DVD set) now, and you’ll be one of the first to get this set when it releases in May 2009.

Tags: , , , ,

94 Comments on “Producer Q & A: Will there be any more ‘Passages’ audio dramas? When will new episodes premiere?”

• RBD on March 19th, 2009 - 5:16pm

Good job on the blog! I look forward to Fall 2009!

• PK on March 21st, 2009 - 11:10am

I love the Q&As!Keep them coming!

• aly on April 8th, 2009 - 7:40pm

Can not wait for fall 2009!!!!!!

• Stephanie on April 9th, 2009 - 11:03am

Why don’t Connie and Jason start dating? They are both christians, they both love Odyssey, and they both try to figure things out.

• Lindsey S. on April 9th, 2009 - 12:45pm

When is Connie finally going to grow up and go to college?! I think it is about time she find some purpose in her purposeless life!! And Stephanie, Connie and Jason definitly do not belong together, but I do think that Tasha should become a Christian so she and Jason can get married. They’re perfect for each other!

• Sidney on April 9th, 2009 - 12:50pm

When is Connie finally going to get married?!!!

• kolton on April 9th, 2009 - 1:15pm

When will Katrina Meltsner have a baby? Will the Barclay family ever come back? And will there be an episode where rodney rathbone falls in love with a girl?

• aLEISHA on April 9th, 2009 - 2:06pm

I don’t think Connie should get married because she would not be the same as a married woman at home.

• hannah on April 9th, 2009 - 2:36pm

When will Katrina Meltsner have a baby? I need to know.

• hannah on April 9th, 2009 - 2:44pm

When will Connie get married???

• Beth on April 9th, 2009 - 9:40pm

I really think that Katrina Meltsner should have a baby… BEFORE eugene’s dad dies so that he will get a chance to see his son make some of the right choices he didn’t. AND WHAT ABOUT EUGENE’S BROTHER???????? Will we ever hear from him again?

• Tori on April 9th, 2009 - 10:35pm

How old is Connie right now???

• Briana on April 10th, 2009 - 1:04am

on connie getting married i think she should like mitch and then do something to where she goes in the imagination station and sees kinda how she would be married to mitch. wether it goes good or bad is your descision but then we would all know what connie wpuld be like married. also what cd episodes are the barkleys ever leavin? rodney having a girlfriend (but if it was doona in hawaii than i do), but if someone else then please tell where to find it!hopefully ill get my answers back.

• antonio on April 10th, 2009 - 11:20am

is there goona be any more episodes with lester.

• Joe on April 10th, 2009 - 4:56pm

Whit should have a long lost brother, or whooten basset should have a public something that will expose him as power boy’s illustrator.
    You need more free episodes

• Emalie on April 10th, 2009 - 9:40pm

Is there an episode with the barclys and the washingtons on it?
    you need more free episodes.

• Mercy on April 11th, 2009 - 10:15am

I really enjoy the producer Q & A! Please keep them coming!! And also when will Tasha come back? I think she’s a great character! And another question, how old is Connie???

• Mercy on April 11th, 2009 - 10:17am

Can you make Rodney fall in love? I think that would be totally wicked AWSOME!!!!!!!

• JMD on April 11th, 2009 - 11:06am

More free episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pleaseeeeeeee???????

• mercy on April 11th, 2009 - 11:55am

Am I correct in thinking that Marshal Younger plays officer Burke’s voice?????? they sound totally alike!!!!

• Priscilla on April 11th, 2009 - 6:10pm

How old is Connie? I just read what that one girl Stephanie said about Jason and Connie starting to date and I think that that’s a great idea. I mean it would be hilarious if you think of what Connie did to Mitch when they were dating. She practiclly beat the poor guy up and it would be sooo sweet. Also, if Jason married Connie she’d keep him in line and out of trouble and protect him if and bad guys tried to hurt him. And Jason would be following suit I mean because his dad merried a red head.

• Mara on April 12th, 2009 - 12:22pm

Will Katrina Meltsner ever have a baby? I don’t think that Jared should have married Mandy, not Trent. Trent is so much younger than Mandy. I love AIO and I cant wait till Fall 2009

• zachary on April 12th, 2009 - 1:42pm

When is vol 51 going to come out
    We plan to have Album 51 available in March of 2010. See you then!

• zachary on April 12th, 2009 - 1:44pm

is Mitch going to come back

• Vicky Jones on April 12th, 2009 - 6:44pm

Tasha needs to become a Christian so that she and Jason can get married. Is Jason coming back? Did Mandy’s and Grady’s parents make up and get back together? What about Mitch? I REALLY want Connie and Mitch to get married.

• eli on April 13th, 2009 - 12:50am

I REALLY LIKE THE STORYS

• jana on April 13th, 2009 - 6:05am

When is Connie finally going to grow up and go to college?I do think that Tasha should become a Christian so she and Jason can get married. They’re perfect for each other!

• KASSI on April 13th, 2009 - 11:44am

tasha and jase should totally get married!
    I really like the episode “name not a number”

• Rodney on April 13th, 2009 - 7:40pm

I like Jared,Trent,Lawrence ect.I hope they bring Jared,Trent,Mich ect.

• Kate on April 14th, 2009 - 10:39am

Mandy should have married Jared not Trent.Trent is so much younger.

• K4 on April 14th, 2009 - 4:14pm

i have a question 4 bob & jesse on the podcast: on “blood, sweat, & fears” there’s a part at the beginning (where they put clips together from the story) and eugene says “genus-high-men-a-laymus”, but that’s not in the actual story anywhere… where’d ya’ll get that?

• lORISA on April 14th, 2009 - 7:49pm

Why doesn’t connie get married? you have gotta keep the washingtons forever! where are the mulligans? post a pix of eugene with a mustache pleeaase!eugene & katrina should have a baby girl that takes after her dad. make her smart, artistic, and funny.

• Sarah on April 15th, 2009 - 9:16am

Will me Whit’s grand children get married I think they should come to Odyssey.

• Delta24 on April 16th, 2009 - 5:23pm

Kate
    Trent isn’t younger than Mandy. If you’ve listened to “The Present Long Ago” from album “Eugene Returns!”, you’ll find out that Trent and Mandy are in the same biology class together at school. Besides, Mandy thinks Jared is way to out there. I don’t really think that there’s anyone in Odyssey that would be right for Jared. He needs to find another consperiacy theorist.

• Delta24 on April 16th, 2009 - 5:29pm

Personally, I don’t think that Tasha and Jason would be the best match simply because since Tasha isn’t a christian, she lacks not only in spiritual eqaulity, but also there’s always the chance she’ll lack morally too. And I think Connie needs to find someone even better than Mitch (who was not right for her anyway). What I’d really like to see is the reaquaintance of Wooton and Victoria. Maybe she and Connie can have a weekly bible study? I’d really love to see Wooton a dad.

• melea on April 17th, 2009 - 6:38pm

Wait, I thought Mitch died!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Oh, and do you guys have a place where people with Mp3 players can get episodes downloaded? All of the ‘pod’casts are for I-pods.

• aravis on April 20th, 2009 - 1:53pm

why does every one want everyone to get married? it would change the entire show and flow. also when did wootons dad become a christian? in bassets hounds he is a christain, but in the highest stakes wooton says his dad is not a christian. whats up?

• Angel on April 20th, 2009 - 6:40pm

I just realised something interesting, when you guys answered those two people’s questions you used Delta24, that’s the code sign Agent Filby uses on A Name,Not a Number 2, clever. I think that you guys should make an episode with Whit’ grandchildren, Monty and Jenny, and their Uncle Jason.

• Odyssey whiz on April 21st, 2009 - 10:28am

Malachis message is awsome! I think that Tasha should become a christian.

• Micah on April 21st, 2009 - 1:46pm

You all are amazing! I love Odyssey!!! Why don’t Jason and Mitch work together on a mission over seas? And what happened to Nick Mulligan and the Sheppards?

• horselover on April 21st, 2009 - 4:47pm

I want to hear more about tom’s horses

• Liz on April 23rd, 2009 - 8:30pm

Natasha+Jason= couple
    Katrina+Eugene=couple
    Connie+Butch=couple
    get it?

• Luke on April 27th, 2009 - 1:39pm

Isn’t Butch young for Connie?

• Avery on April 27th, 2009 - 5:53pm

I agree with Luke.

• gabriel on April 29th, 2009 - 12:23pm

i agree with zachary Mitch should come back

• MARSH on May 2nd, 2009 - 10:51pm

I agree to! I loved it Mitch, and Zachary were here.
    And will Connie Kindle ever get married?? And when is Luci coming back? She was my favorite character, until they took her off when she got married. And when will Kurt Stevens come back? And will Eugene and Katrina ever have a baby? By!
    Sincerely, MARSH

• anna on May 7th, 2009 - 6:26pm

will katrina have a baby? Will jasen be in album 51? will connie ever go to colledge? and will clara come to whits end?

• Jordan G. on May 11th, 2009 - 2:32pm

I wish they would make more books also – i hate to say this but – sometimes I think Odyssey would be way cooler if they were all in books…. which leads me to say—- when will there be more “ODYSSEY” books? it is not like they need to have the actors there for that!?

THANK! =D

• Anonymous on May 16th, 2009 - 2:32pm

I agree with Micah Jason should meet Mitch on a mission! Or the trouble makers(Rodney,Jared,Trent) make a problem for the law enforcers(Jason and Mitch) It would be Awesome!

• someboDy on May 30th, 2009 - 1:21pm

I can’t wait for fall.

• The wolf on June 8th, 2009 - 12:32pm

When will Whit come back? Does Jason join the NSA again so he can marry Tasha? I think you should make Jason and Jack go on an adventure together, and they could meet with a man who helps them in the wild, then one night they’re listening to the radio while he is asleep in his own tent and finds out that he is a bank robber.

• Tay on June 24th, 2009 - 8:59pm

one tasha cant just become a christian just to marry jason! she needs to exept jesus all by her self! and we need more stuff not about marriage! all my fav ppl r gone! we need more kids! hav katrina hav a baby!

• Tay on June 24th, 2009 - 9:02pm

jason and connie blong 2gether!

• ANON on June 27th, 2009 - 3:26pm

Just how many characters are you planning to get rid of? :(

• Mercy on June 30th, 2009 - 9:47am

Eugene needs to get a kid!!

• heather on July 14th, 2009 - 5:09pm

Jason and Connie do need to get married. And Rodney should become a christian. how rad would that be?!?!

• Josh on July 14th, 2009 - 5:38pm

i think that conni should marry
    Washintons should stay and Whit should ,marry

• REj on July 28th, 2009 - 1:03pm

My friend thinks that she heard about a year ago on an episode of Odyssey that Katrina is pregnant and that it is a boy that they are going to name “Eugene” Is this true? I am in shock if it is!

I LOVE ODYSSEY!

• REj on July 28th, 2009 - 1:04pm

Also, will Connie ever get married? Her crush on Jason in “Love is in the Air was awesome and NEEDS to continue! Please?

• REj on July 28th, 2009 - 1:10pm

Sorry, forgot something else. Will Wooton ever marry? Maybe Victoria could become a Christian. PLEASE! Marry off everyone except Whit! Especially Rodney Rathbone and Cryn’ Bryan Dern! Steve Burn and Corey Burton, are you listening? Paul McCusker? Marshal Younger? Kathy Buchanan, you love this kind of stuff! Anybody???

• REj on July 28th, 2009 - 1:23pm

I know that you probably hate us by now, but we have just one more thing. Here are potential names for Eugene and Katrina’s baby.
    Girl:
    Katrina-Katy;Porceline (ick!);Mildred;Thelma;Constance;Eugenia (ick, Ick,ICK!)

Boy:
    Eugene;Leonard;Armitage;John;Everett;Hiram

Favorite Boy name:
    Everett John Meltsner
    Favorite Girl name:
    Katrina Constance Meltsner

Have we gotten our point across yet?

• REj on July 28th, 2009 - 1:27pm

Also…
    Yeah, I know, but,

Gary Locke, could you make just one eensy, weensy, teeny, tiny picture of Eugene with a haircut and his eyes showing? And they have to be….
    …Periwinkle Blue!

Please?

• Lindsey S. on July 29th, 2009 - 1:03pm

REJ,
    I thought that Katrina was pregnant as well when I heard the preview of ‘A New Era’. But it wasn’t Katrina that was pregnant, it was Leonard’s wife Felma who was pregnant with Eugene!

• Mercy on August 3rd, 2009 - 11:17am

Wait,Lindsay S, wasn’t her name ‘Thelma??’

• Lindsey S. on August 3rd, 2009 - 5:11pm

Oh ha! You’re right Mercy! I just got confused. Sorry!

• Betsy on August 14th, 2009 - 1:12am

I love phil’s stuff on Radio Theater and AIO

• elijah b. on August 14th, 2009 - 7:58am

Has anyone else read the Passages series? They ROCK!! There needs to be MP3 downloads of them,and other stuff,its SOOOO unfair for it to be just for Ipods! and more Passages books too!!
    I LOVE AIO!!!

• Mercy on August 17th, 2009 - 11:58am

I haven’t. Are they that good??

• Lindsey S. on August 18th, 2009 - 5:05pm

EVERYONE: If you are a fan of Passages, then you’ll be excited to know that there is finally a page dedicated to it. Just go to http://www.whitsend.org/passages. It is really cool. :-)

• Laura on September 1st, 2009 - 2:31pm

As for Connie getting married- her first boyfriend, from first love should come back (Jeff), and he’s had a change of heart. Or perhaps that movie start Nick Grant (was that his name?). Jason is technically MIA under the name Jason Israel, and many people think him dead (volume 50). I think that there should be a possible love interest between Whit and Mary. And when are we going to be introduced to Jack’s family? Or more episodes like a wedding for Whit’s grand kids or something with them.

• Sylvia on September 3rd, 2009 - 1:28pm

Hm, I think Connie should marry Jason…

• joy on September 5th, 2009 - 8:34pm

I hope the writers understand that we think Eugene and Katrina should have a baby! I think it would be kinda cool if Connie and Jason got married, but they have such opposite personalities!

• Kent on September 10th, 2009 - 9:43am

why did odyssey start doing double episodes? And then, why did they suddenly stop? I kind of liked them. am I the only one? Also, why are there no longer any non-series episodes? It seems every single episode now is a bout a commen idea(i.e. best small town, eugene’s dad). what’s up?

• #1 fan on September 15th, 2009 - 8:20am

I would love for clara to come back to Whit’s End!I think it would be cool for another family would come in have read Rusty’s blog and thinking this was the perfect town to live in!

• Aaron on September 18th, 2009 - 7:57pm

I wonder if any more Passages books will come out on audio drama

• Cass on October 2nd, 2009 - 9:54pm

umm… to those of you that want connie to marry Jason, I’d just like to point out that Jason is probably in his late 30′s and Connie’s in her early 20′s, this would be a big age difference. Although they would be a cute couple. But wasn’t Jason engaged?

• idance4jesus on October 30th, 2009 - 9:37am

Cass:
    Yes Jason was engaged to Tasha, but she was not a christian so they broke up. :( Very sad. . . .

• Anonymous on November 13th, 2009 - 3:35pm

If Connie ever does get married, it would definitely have to be to Mitch. For Connie to marry anyone else would be very untrue to her character!
    I’m kind of afraid what baby Katrina would have. . .just think about it, Eugene would be the baby’s father. Would the baby be goo-goo and ga-gaing in binary?

• Travis on December 7th, 2009 - 9:55pm

You guys rock. I am 14 and I still love your show. Mitch and jason should fight over connie in a big 3-part awesome episode.

• Daisy on March 10th, 2010 - 8:20pm

What episode does Mitch die in? Does he die? please answer!

• miCHELLE on March 12th, 2010 - 10:07am

yeah! That would be so cool! I dont like jason, MItch deserves connie.

• AIO ROCKSSSS on March 12th, 2010 - 10:11am

connie and jason?ewww! Jason likes Tasha, not connie. Mitch should get connie, jason should get Tasha, etc. Jason should never get connie. That would be a disaster! Think about it, whit would then be connies father! That would just be wrong! Connie deserves mitch, they r like a pair

• jared on March 22nd, 2010 - 1:35pm

i agree with eliga b. there should be a mp3 download for passages and for all epusodes . can you please try to do that for all of us with mp3s and listen to AIO. i’m still waiting for my book darins rise and mybe it already came

• evie on May 9th, 2010 - 4:08pm

i agree with Jared i am a really big fan of passages i recently just got interested in it when i saw the add for it at aio home i asked my mom to order the book from the library you know dariens rise and am counting seconds.
    one of the biggest fans of passages
    Evie

• evie on May 9th, 2010 - 4:13pm

why does there have to be all this love in aio cant there be more adventures like what jason and gradey had in abum 50? and less love. love is nice but its private and anyway i dont think jason and connie are a good couple i mean they’re both great christains but they dont match i think connie and mich are fine together. and i actually think it would be nice for whit to get married mabey i dont know but please make more odyssey that has more adventure please.
    adventure lover
    Evie

• evie on May 9th, 2010 - 4:17pm

whats a double episode?

• evie on May 9th, 2010 - 4:41pm

i agree with horse lover i want to hear about rachel and leah mr. rileys horses more and the horses he got from the one lady at the show aubrey competed in. what were those horses names any way what were there breeds, colors, personalities, and what about the timothy center, havent hear form there for some time. i also think that jason and mich should go on an adventure together and get kidnapped or something by one of there enemies who want revenge. and more 12 year old kids. like me.
    Evie M.

• NATALIE on June 2nd, 2010 - 2:59pm

I agree with the people who want eugene and katrina to have a baby but seriously that would make aio more interesting eugene should act like he did in the episode where katrina gets hurt with a football and gets stitches(where they almost got married)

• NATALIE on June 11th, 2010 - 3:01pm

wooton and victoria should marry except victoria should become a christian!

• emily on March 1st, 2012 - 8:51pm

I’m not quite up to date on what happened lately in AIO, so will someone answer to who gets married to who please? :)

• DIDI THE DAD on October 4th, 2012 - 9:53am

Does any1 right here?

DIDI THE DAD-THE BOY AFTER GOD’S OWN HEART

• Rosebud on March 12th, 2013 - 10:00am

I love the passages books! I’ve read 2 of them!

Rosebud