February 10th, 2010

Click to play

John Campbell in his studio

John Campbell in his studio

Hear from John Campbell, creator of the Odyssey theme and composer for nearly 500 episodes. Plus, listen to the new Adventures in Odyssey theme song and vote on a new podcast theme song.

Download this episode to your computer.

Hear the options for the new podcast theme.

Option 1:

Click to play

Option 2:

Click to play

Option 3:

Click to play

Thank you to everyone who voted. Listen to this podcast to find out which theme won!

Paul Herlinger

Paul Herlinger

Paul Herlinger: 1929-2010
Goodbye, our friend.

Paul Herlinger was a beloved member of the Adventures in Odyssey team for more than thirteen years as he provided the voice of John Avery Whittaker. He passed away on February 2, 2010.

Paul said of his time in Odyssey: “It has given me a chance to work in the profession I started in as a high school kid and still love most…radio! At the same time, I work with a lot of extremely talented and dedicated people in producing programs that have so much meaning for so many people.”

Paul started recording radio programs when he was in high school and had a career that lasted over 60 years.

Paul's favorite episodes were "Clara" and "Silent Night." He said, "Both shows are not only very touching emotionally, but they also give Whit a lot more dimension."
Paul appeared in more than 200 Adventures in Odyssey episodes.

Paul appeared in more than 200 Adventures in Odyssey episodes.

Podcast Links

Tags: ,

302 Comments on “Hear the new Adventures in Odyssey theme and the story behind the music with composer John Campbell”

• Michelle on February 10th, 2010 - 11:30am

Wow! Thats cool!

• Angela on February 10th, 2010 - 1:07pm

Hey Bob and Jessie! I have been an Odyssey fan since I was
    eight years old! I’m so sorry to hear the news about Paul
    Herlinger. I will be praying for his family. He did such a
    good job playing Whit and I cannot wait to hear the new episodes for album 51.

• Anonymous on February 10th, 2010 - 1:19pm

I liked two of the podcast theme songs but I could only vote for one so I was wondering if you could use the theme that comes in second as “The Latest News” theme. Also that’s so sad that Paul H. died. He was so good and brought so much life to the character of Whit. Last of all, I LOVE the new AIO Theme. It is so much bigger than the old one. I feel just like Jesse in that when I heard the theme I felt like I was hangliding over mountains.

• Shaz on February 10th, 2010 - 1:20pm

I like them in this order: number 3, number 2, number 1. I think number 3 should become the new theme for the podcast.

• molly on February 10th, 2010 - 1:26pm

Ummm not a big fan of the new theme… It doesn’t sound like odyssey. The other two sounded a lot alike, but this one.. I don’t like it, I’m sorry. All these changes make odyssey seem like a completely different show! I’m sure all the newer fans will love it though, so good job.

I’m so sad that Paul Herlinger died! He will be very dearly missed! :'(

• Tatiana on February 10th, 2010 - 1:44pm

I don’t like the last 1. but i LOVE the others!!

• trulyblessed on February 10th, 2010 - 1:46pm

WE LOVE/MISS YOU PAUL!

• Marissa on February 10th, 2010 - 2:27pm

I voted for the 2nd one. I really liked all of them. But I thought the 2nd one fit the most. Thanks John Campbell for the awsome music! Great job on the new Odyssey theme! Thanks Bob and Jessie for always having a great podcast!

• Leanne on February 10th, 2010 - 2:33pm

Vote for number 1! Number 3 has been used on Odyssey episodes before like, “sounds like a mystery” Number 1 is definitely the best! That’s really sad that Paul Herlinger died. I don’t think Odyssey can ever be the same with a different Whit. Everybody will miss him a lot. Anyway, that was a neat podcast!

• Snoopy on February 10th, 2010 - 2:42pm

Awesome! For those of you who don’t know, Paul Herlinger went to be with the Lord, last week.

• Christian on February 10th, 2010 - 2:43pm

Odyssey at its best! Love the new theme song! as for the podcast, #1! I love it! Can’t wait for Album 51!

• Logan on February 10th, 2010 - 2:57pm

I LOVE the new theme song!! Can’t wait for album 51!! I am really sad that Paul Herlinger died. I will miss him.

• Semaj on February 10th, 2010 - 4:06pm

I am NOT Going to reveal my name! I love AIO and I can’t wait for Album 51 to come out! I don’t think Connie should marry Mitch! She wouldn’t have time with him!

• Semaj on February 10th, 2010 - 4:08pm

Becha can’t guess my name!

• Leanne on February 10th, 2010 - 4:36pm

I do kinda like the new AIO theme, but it doesn’t seem as “Odyssey-ish” as the other ones, if that makes any sense. I guess its just another sign that Odyssey is really changing. It should b pretty cool, though. I’m glad that the podcast is updating their theme song. Vote for #1! 1 and 2 are practically the same, the only one I don’t like is 3.

• adenira on February 10th, 2010 - 4:46pm

The new theme song was okay but I liked the old one better. That`s really sad that Paul died I will be praying for his family. And all of his friends because I know he must of had alot. :(

• Paul on February 10th, 2010 - 4:49pm

GO NO. 3!

• Nate on February 10th, 2010 - 5:06pm

I don’t care that the 3rd theme has been used. It was DEFINITELY THE BEST!

• bim on February 10th, 2010 - 5:11pm

Good podcast! I’m so sorry to hear about Paul Herlinger. My thoughts are with his family. Goodbye Paul you were a great Mr. Whit

• hannah on February 10th, 2010 - 5:15pm

he died? it just seemed like yesterday he was talking on on podcasts and doing odyssey! that is so sad…i’ll miss you paul!

• emily on February 10th, 2010 - 5:21pm

SO COOL!

• vote on February 10th, 2010 - 5:33pm

I like number 3 the best but I think Odyssey should keep the old Odyssey emblem. I don’t like the new one at all. It is very bland without and color but red. I think anyone that thinks this also should put it in their comment and maybe they will change it. PLEASE DO ODYSSEY STAFF

• vote on February 10th, 2010 - 5:37pm

I like number 3 the best but I think Odyssey should keep the old Odyssey emblem. I don’t like the new one. It is very bland without any color but red. I also think that the new theme is ok but does not sound like Odyssey with all the bells and stuff. It sounds like it is getting modernized and not a small town any more.

• catlover on February 10th, 2010 - 5:38pm

I think that the the old theme was better, but I can tell you put a lot of work into it Mr. Campbell, thanks. I’m really sorry that Paul Herlinger passed away. He was great! He’s in the best place he could be right now. I’ll be praying.

• Will(iam) on February 10th, 2010 - 5:47pm

I really like the new Odyssey theme song. It has the same “Dah,dah;Dah de dum dum dum!” that the other themes had. I’m very sad that Paul Herlinger died, but I am glad that the Odyssey writers found a new Whit before it happened.

• amy on February 10th, 2010 - 6:02pm

Wow. Lots of changes. I like the new theme song for Odyssey. I can feel the adventure in it! :)

That’s sad about Paul H. He was great! I feel sad for his family, but I am glad that he is in heaven.

-Amy

• zawicki1 on February 10th, 2010 - 6:10pm

I like #3. I miss you Paul. I also wish the original AIO theme was the current theme.

• emily on February 10th, 2010 - 6:10pm

Please give my sympathy to Katie leigh,I sure she was very close to Paul Herlinger since they were working together so often. Seriosly though, MAKE SURE SHE GETS THIS MESSAGE ( PLEASE!)

• REBECCA(12) on February 10th, 2010 - 6:27pm

oookkkkk….let me put it this way…..i really like the OLD odssey BETTER that the “new” one…..”why not leave welll enough alone????”…(From The secret Roomz)…..

• symplyme on February 10th, 2010 - 6:41pm

I dont like the new theme very much. it’s just way to different… So far there are 2 changes that I like of all the changes you have done.

• SAM on February 10th, 2010 - 6:48pm

We’re going to miss you Paul.

• Anonymous on February 10th, 2010 - 7:02pm

great!
    im realy sad that paul died.

• KEndalin on February 10th, 2010 - 7:36pm

That is so sad about Paul Herlinger!=(

• Madison on February 10th, 2010 - 9:31pm

When I found out that Paul died I cryed.:(

• Jaguar J on February 10th, 2010 - 11:20pm

Sorry to hear about Paul Herlinger. He was my Mr. Whitaker since I didn’t really get to hear much of Hal Smith’s work until later. Both did their part in creating the character of Mr. Whit to many people, I admire them both. I think the new Odyssey theme is good, I’m open to change as long as it’s moving in the right direction–forward. I think for the poscast, number one is the best fit.

God Bless

• Scott W. on February 10th, 2010 - 11:33pm

#3 has my Vote!

• Lewis on February 11th, 2010 - 12:12am

#3!

• Caria on February 11th, 2010 - 12:57am

I’m SO sad that Mr. Herlinger died. I started crying when I read it. :-( I LOVE U & I’LL MISS U!!!! :-( I’m sorry 4 every1 there at AIO.

-Caria

• Anonymous on February 11th, 2010 - 1:27am

Vote number three! It is really sad that Paul Herlinger passed away, I think that we will all miss the old Whit.

• Anonymous on February 11th, 2010 - 1:30am

We will miss the old Whit, but will enjoy the new Whit my prayers go out to the Herlinger family.

• anonymous on February 11th, 2010 - 6:14am

i think you should us song C(the last one)

• john on February 11th, 2010 - 7:04am

PAUL HERLINGER WAS REALLY GOOD. HE SOUNDED JUST LIKE THE
    OLD WHIT ACTOR. I CAN`T SAY I THINK ANDRE WILL DO A VERY
    GOOD WHIT.BY THE WAY, WHAT`S EVERYONE`S FAVORITE EPISODE?

• john on February 11th, 2010 - 7:08am

OPTION1

• austin on February 11th, 2010 - 8:22am

New theme song is awesome! :) Love podcast #2!

• madison on February 11th, 2010 - 8:35am

I like #3 because number 1 and 2 are to close to the theme song and #3 is BOLDER!

• jess on February 11th, 2010 - 8:59am

So, when can we expect the “Remembering Paul Herlinger” thingy?

• Idance4jesus on February 11th, 2010 - 9:47am

I am in tears. . . Paul, you reached out to me by playing dear Mr. Whittaker. You & your family are in my heart’s prayers. Lord, thank you for everything that Paul did, bless him & thank you for letting him be such a wonderful influence on all of us. I love you & will miss you more than you can imagine, Paul!

• jazmyne on February 11th, 2010 - 9:47am

i love whit he was one of my favorites and and i really dont want another person to play him bt i know you have to am going to miss himvery much.bt i also know that he has went to be with jesus and thats the greatest thing that could ever happen to any of us [thank you lord]

• AIOLoveR on February 11th, 2010 - 10:20am

I will miss Paul. :(

• Vote on February 11th, 2010 - 11:24am

Option #3

• Mayim on February 11th, 2010 - 11:29am

Will pray for you. Sorry about Paul Herlinger.
    Cool theme!

• Christian A. on February 11th, 2010 - 12:32pm

I was kind of disappointed at the choices for the new podcast theme song. The new AIO theme song is great though! As for the podcast, the songs just weren’t bold enough; I actually like the old beginning better. BTW, the CHRISTIAN underneath whom I am commenting, are you the same Christian A (without the period) who has been talking to me on the Odyssey Scoop?

• Jo on February 11th, 2010 - 12:42pm

I like #3.

• Jojo on February 11th, 2010 - 1:01pm

i know that AIO was trying to acquire a new look ( & sound!) and they certainly did it!

AIO ROCKS!!!!!

Great job again!!!

It’s so sad that P. H. died. I know everybody will miss him!!!!!

• joHN on February 11th, 2010 - 1:06pm

thats so cool. im realy sad that paul died.

• Shaz on February 11th, 2010 - 1:11pm

If I had a say in it, I would like the new AIO theme song to be the one from the newer AIO videos, where you see the Strata Flyer flying to Whit’s End. I like that theme music.

• mabel on February 11th, 2010 - 1:32pm

I vote for the 3rd one as the new podcast song. :-) The new AIO theme sounds “bold” indeed. I feel like I’m flying through the air, too. And I send my condolensences to Paul’s family. He will be dearly missed!

• Brittini P on February 11th, 2010 - 1:57pm

How Sad. paul Died. AIO is going to Be so different. 1st It was Hal 2nd It Was Paul I Wonder Who Is Going To Be The Next WHIT? The podcast Was Pretty Neat I Voted For ??????? It’s A Secret
    HA HA

• MIA on February 11th, 2010 - 2:23pm

I LIKE #2 THE BEST

• Anonymous on February 11th, 2010 - 2:45pm

I really don’t think odyssey will be the same without paul. I wish they would keep the old theme song, because everthing is changing so much. does anyone know how he died?

• Cassie on February 11th, 2010 - 2:52pm

The first two were very good. I didn’t like the third new podcast song at all. But if I had to pick one I would pick the second one.

• Billy on February 11th, 2010 - 3:07pm

Man, when my sister, who works in the International department at Focus, told me that the next album would come out in about 2 years, I thought it would be forever! & now its only a month away! Yay!

It was a pretty tough decision picking which theme song, they were all so good!

• Allie on February 11th, 2010 - 3:16pm

That’s really sad about Mr. Herlinger! At least we can know that he is in a better place now. The new Odyssey theme is really cool! However it will take some getting used to with the slower beats and all. Well, I’m going to go vote on my favorite theme for the podcast now.

• Ann on February 11th, 2010 - 3:21pm

I liked number 3 for the Podcast theme. I was sad to hear about the passing of Paul Herlinger. He was truly a great actor.

Keep it up AIO!!

• Jos on February 11th, 2010 - 4:29pm

I’m looking at the picture of the new Connie and an old picture of her. Her eyes, which used to be green, are now brown! Does she wear colored contacts or something now?

• Jos on February 11th, 2010 - 4:32pm

Theme song #3 seemed too much like the old one. #2 WAS THE BEST!!!!

Goodbye Mr. Herlinger. We’ll miss you. You was one of the best actors in the history of Odyssey. We’ll always remember you.

• Leanne on February 11th, 2010 - 4:52pm

Sorry to say this but why did you have to change everything good about odyssey! Its been such a big adjustment for me to get used to the new voice of whit, but why change the characters looks and the theme as well! Now i can’t even listen to AIO without crying :(

• jill on February 11th, 2010 - 5:01pm

I’m sorry to hear about Paul. But the reast was really cool. :)

• austin on February 11th, 2010 - 5:11pm

So sad about Mr. Herlinger. :(

• nathan on February 11th, 2010 - 5:12pm

#2 is awesome

• Anonymous on February 11th, 2010 - 5:13pm

#2

• Anonymous on February 11th, 2010 - 5:17pm

pray for paul’s family

• dAVID on February 11th, 2010 - 5:39pm

#3 Sounds great i hope the new whit sounds as good as Paul Herlinger

• Meg on February 11th, 2010 - 5:50pm

Thouse who are complaining, listen to “But Not Forgoten.”

• Meg on February 11th, 2010 - 5:53pm

We will miss you Mr. Herlinger! Even thou I never knew you, I feal like you where a close friend.

• Mikayla on February 11th, 2010 - 6:02pm

I vote number three for the new podcast theme! It’s Really cool! =)

• Mikayla on February 11th, 2010 - 6:08pm

on the new picture of Eugene, he has brown eyes, and in the episode “Truth, Trivia and ‘Trina,” Katrina says they are ‘Perewinkle Blue.’ what is going on?

• r,r, and s on February 11th, 2010 - 6:10pm

ITS OK BUT IT KIND OF SOUNDS LIKE A CHRISTMAS CAROL I DONT REALLY LIKE THE LITTLE BELL SOUNDS IN THE BACKROUND. I LIKE THE EXCITMENT AT THE END, BUT THE THEME IN THE BEGENING is a bit slow. IM GLAD THE THEME’S THE SAME! Good job!

• Doll on February 11th, 2010 - 7:23pm

i pick number 3! y do they sound so much like AIO tho. ya’ll shoud have a different. and i like the old podcast theme better! and the old AIO theme! and who’s the new whit?

• Doll on February 11th, 2010 - 7:25pm

and im so sorry paul died! i know every1 loved him! regards to all!

• joel on February 11th, 2010 - 7:57pm

I like 1, then 3, then 2.

• kate on February 11th, 2010 - 8:07pm

Im so very sad that mr paul die.I know how it feels to lose someone you are very close to cause my only grandpa die in sep.25 09 its hard.I’ll be praying for his friends and family.by the way whos going to be whit now ?

• matthew on February 11th, 2010 - 8:09pm

It is so sad that Paul Died. He will be greatly missed. What will happen to Odyssey now.

• aio fan #1 on February 11th, 2010 - 8:11pm

I Vote….. #3!!!! #1 and #2 sounded the same :(
    We will miss you Paul. Ohhh and p.s I agree with everyone out there who says connie should get married. I mean come on they we close sooo many times and Its getting boring!

• Abbie on February 11th, 2010 - 9:57pm

i really like the new theme. it has a lot of excitment, and it still has some of the old odyssey left. No negative comments here, definitely. Oh…. and i’m sorry 2 hear about Paul Herlinger. I was really really upset when they said that. We’ll always miss him. and about the options, #- ;) Give yah a hint- I don’t care if it sounds like an old one! lol

• Wendy on February 11th, 2010 - 10:42pm

I’m sad about all the changes with Adventures In Odyssey. It doesn’t sound like it is going to be the same show anymore. The new Whit doesn’t sounds more like Bernard to me. And the new theme doesn’t make me think of AIO.

• Samantha on February 12th, 2010 - 12:56am

Samantha – I was shocked when I read that Mr. Herlinger had died. I really starting crying! Odyssey has taught me so many good lessons & Paul was the one who taught them. Well, technically, Whit taught them, but Paul was Whit’s voice.

Lorena – Goodbye Paul Herlinger. U will be missed greatly. I’m praying 4 your family & AIO.

• billy on February 12th, 2010 - 3:41am

Wow, I knew Paul was getting on (after all that’s why he retired) but I didn’t think it would be so soon! (I havan’t listened to the podcast yet because my computers having problems I’m only speaking from what I read in the comments) I’m now filled with both admaration of his foresight, and sadness at his loss, but the person I realy feel sorry for is the new Whit! who is now following on 2 awsome predesecors!

• billy on February 12th, 2010 - 3:45am

filling Hal Smith’s or Paul Herlinger’s shoes would be bad enough but both!?! at the same time?!? and yet still making the character your own!?! and this isn’t like James Bond either this character has meaning! well I feel for ya man! RIP Hal & Paul and God Bless…..whatever the new guy’s name is I forget.

• billy on February 12th, 2010 - 4:07am

now I’ve finally been able to listen to the podcast so here’s my thoughts:

1: it’s still the Adventures in Odyssey theme and that’s realy all that matters to me!

2: I don’t know, I don’t think any of these themes are as good as the original, but I guess I’ll choose B!

• MAINE on February 12th, 2010 - 7:28am

I like #3 the most

• Whit Fan on February 12th, 2010 - 8:45am

We will have to see how all of the changes fit together

• Whit Fan on February 12th, 2010 - 9:00am

I’m done making assumptions about how good the changes are. Its how good they blend the changes along with everything else that decides how good the show is. I’m sorry about Paul. Every actor that plays Whit adds something to the character. The first actor showed how warm and Grandfatherly Whit is. Paul showed that and that even Whit makes mistakes. We will have to see what the new actor does. Now I know that the actor does not write the script but I think the dialogue is inspired by the actors.

• emily on February 12th, 2010 - 10:34am

The old odessy theme was MUCH better.

• emily on February 12th, 2010 - 10:36am

Mr. Herlinger, my friend Micayla and I think you were the best Whit ever.

• odysseyfreak on February 12th, 2010 - 10:53am

my mom even cried about paul’s death! i am so sad, but at least they already got a replacement for paul because he quit the show. the new aio theme song is TOO COOL!!!

• Kim on February 12th, 2010 - 11:46am

# 2 has my vote.
    The adventures in odyssey theme is one of those “timeless” themes that really sends the listener to the Odyssey of their imagination. I’m not sure how I’m liking the slower intro to the series…it makes me feel kinda sad for some reason, in comparison to the upbeat tempos of the past.
    So sad to hear of Paul Herlingers passing. He was a wonderful “Whit”. He gave so much heart to the role. We’ll miss him.

• John on February 12th, 2010 - 11:49am

I L-O-V-E-D the new Theme Song! I also loved the not used theme song. It sounds like red. Also, it is a good thing Adventures in Odyssey decided to replace Paul with Andre. Just in the nick of time! Also, when are you going to tell us all of the AIOA51 plots?

• joe on February 12th, 2010 - 12:54pm

I liked number 3 and adventures in odysset is the best.

• nature lover on February 12th, 2010 - 1:03pm

I like #2. Sorry about Paul Herlinger.

• daniel on February 12th, 2010 - 1:09pm

Thats sad about Paul. It’s kinda a miracle that they got a new voice for Whit before Paul died.

• Lindsey S. on February 12th, 2010 - 2:19pm

I voted for number 3! The other two sound too much like the new theme song. Also, No. 3 sounds newsy and that is exactly what the podcast is, Odyssey news.

(I live in Texas, where it never snows, and it snowed 6 inches yesterday!!!) I feel like I was Alix in Snow Day, when all the schools were closed and everyone got out in the snow and played. I am just glad that no one chased me all over town like Rodney chased Alix. :-)

• harpazo on February 12th, 2010 - 2:33pm

I voted for #2. And I like the new odyssey theme song. I agree the Paul Herlinger was a great MR. Whitaker and I will miss him.

• harpazo on February 12th, 2010 - 2:35pm

Everyone! Vote for number 2! Go number 2!

• dylan fan on February 12th, 2010 - 2:49pm

Tell Katie Leigh that I will be praying for her, the Herlinger family, and the Odyssey crew. But it is cool that Paul is now with Jesus, Hal Smith, and so on.

• Leanne S. on February 12th, 2010 - 3:40pm

Vote Number 1! I also agree with the person who said they wish AIO would change their logo. The new one is really BORING. Change it back please!
    Note: I am not the Leanne who posted like the middle of these comments. I’m the one who posted at the top of them.

• MAtt on February 12th, 2010 - 4:07pm

Another great podcast. All the new music is great! I’ll miss hearing Paul Herlinger on AIO, the new Whit has big shoes to fill.

• Jake on February 12th, 2010 - 4:18pm

Number 3 was the best! Number’s 1 and 2 sounded too much alike! And that’s amazing Lindsey!! I’ve lived in texas since i was born, but i moved to idaho last year. I saw on a news report that this is the biggest snow fall in Dallas’s history!! (1 foot (12 inches))

• hadassah on February 12th, 2010 - 4:21pm

The 2nd still rocks ,but do we have to have the 3rd! P-)

• sharon on February 12th, 2010 - 4:27pm

Very cool. By the way, did the cartoon characters of Connie and Eugene get a make-over? And it looks like Whit lost weight – LOL…

I’ll miss hearing Mr. Herlinger as Whit too :(

• alicia on February 12th, 2010 - 5:49pm

I have a question.i went to whitsend.org/podcast but how do you vote?anyway, i agree with you harpazo, i like #2,but i still wish you would keep the old theme.

• anna on February 12th, 2010 - 6:04pm

I love whit!!!!

• Beckie on February 12th, 2010 - 6:07pm

I really liked the 3rd one. It makes it sound exciting and bold, and the other ones sound way to much like the Odyssey theme song. I LOVE the new theme song! I completely agree with Jessie and I felt like I was flying, too. Way to go, Odyssey! :)

• avery on February 12th, 2010 - 6:09pm

I’m really sorry about Mr. Herlinger. He was obviously a great Christian man. We’ll miss him so much in the next shows. How can we replace Mr. Whittaker a second time?

• Victoria on February 12th, 2010 - 6:28pm

I will all ways miss paul. so sad that he left. :( I voted for #2 its the best! I LUV ODYSSEY!

• anna on February 12th, 2010 - 6:47pm

WE will miss you so much Mr Herlinger! your mr whitiker voice was the best! :)

• a on February 12th, 2010 - 6:48pm

Thats So cool Lindsey S!

• Paul h on February 12th, 2010 - 8:33pm

Just to let you know I’m not Paul Herlinger, just a fan of AIO. I like #3 beccause it is like the original theme song. I sorry that he died. He was a good man. In heaven, he can be 26 years old. Also tell Brock he’s(no offense Bob and Jesse) that he is funny and great!

• sam on February 12th, 2010 - 10:00pm

i like 3

• Q94 Radio on February 12th, 2010 - 10:44pm

What? They changed the Odyssey theme music?

• Kris on February 12th, 2010 - 10:50pm

I voted for #3

• Christian A on February 12th, 2010 - 10:50pm

Well, Christian A. (with a period), I, periodless Christian A, am, in fact, the one who’s been talking to you online. =) And I think we’re around the same age as well. How cool is that! I did see someone named Christian who’s comment is above yours on this page. However, he (or she) doesn’t use an “A” after thier name like you and I do, so no that wasn’t me. I usually use an “A”. This is the first comment of mine on this particular podcast page.

• Christian A on February 12th, 2010 - 10:53pm

I like the new AIO theme song. It’s different, but I like it =). Good job John Camble, and thanks for all the hard work!!! I pray that God will continue to bless the AIO team.

• Caity on February 12th, 2010 - 11:44pm

I think that there are a lot of changes going on. It will be hard to get used to. I hope that the quality and lessons of the show will stay the same though. I still listen to them every night and find that even though I have listened to them before they still make me smile and laugh. I have listened to other shows before and they just don’t have the same quality. Nice work AIO team. I will miss the old Whit. His voice was like the theme of Odyssey. He will be missed. PS:Connie should get married

• beckie on February 13th, 2010 - 6:42am

I totally agree with you, Lindsey!

• Lightning on February 13th, 2010 - 7:59am

Let Bernard brake a window.

• emily on February 13th, 2010 - 8:39am

I was wondering, is Campbell college named after John Campball?

• COURTNEY on February 13th, 2010 - 10:00am

2 or 3!

• josh on February 13th, 2010 - 10:50am

the theme song sounds hollow. Not a fan of the theme song at all. We love you Paul!

• madison on February 13th, 2010 - 11:18am

I cried when I heard the original theme, it’s just so timeless and it brings back a flood of bittersweet memories, but the new theme has a bit of a remeniscent feel to it.

• jAMES on February 13th, 2010 - 11:23am

Paul was a great man. Whit is my favorite character. I can’t wait for album 51!!

• jAMES on February 13th, 2010 - 11:28am

Even though Paul is dead he is in heaven.

• #1Odysseyfan on February 13th, 2010 - 1:22pm

Uh. Semaj… James… Nice try :-)

I will greatly miss Paul herlinger. he was my favorite voice of whit, and he will be missed. Many loved him… *sniff* *sniff*

I don’t like many things about the “new” odyssey, but I do like the theme song.

NUMBER 2 TOTALLY!

• UNC on February 13th, 2010 - 1:33pm

First of all my prayers go out to Paul Herlinger’s family. His presence on Odyssey ment so much.

I loved the new theme song! And even though its a bit off subject, I totally love the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre Theme song!!!!!

• So Joe on February 13th, 2010 - 2:54pm

PAUL HERLINGER! im actually tearing up… that CAN’T HAPPEN. I’m going to miss him alot. I was hoping that someway we could petition for him to come back because I do not like the new Whit. Please let his family know my condolences. By the way i vote for #3… It sounds different than the New oddysey theme song (which the other 2 do).

• Aiden on February 13th, 2010 - 5:13pm

The new Odyssey them ROCKS!

• Anonymous on February 13th, 2010 - 5:19pm

W…..O…..W I CANT BELIVE IT SO MANY CHANGES BUT FIRST I CANT BELIVE PAUL DIED I ALMOST CRIED AND COULDENT STOP BUT THINK HOW HIS FAMILIES DOING AND CONNIE AND THE WHOLE AIO STAFF….MAN.. IDIDNT LIKE THE NEW CHANGES OF THE NEW VOICE OF WHIT BUT AFTER HEARING IT IT ALMOST SOUNDED LIKE PAUL SO IM GOING TO HAVE TO ACCEPT THEM AND I VOTE FOR # 3 SORRY HARPOZO THIS ONR IS GOOD
    :) SO HEAR WE GO ALBUM 51 I SND MY PRAYERS TO THE HERLINGER FAMILY AND AIO STAFF

• Ashley K on February 13th, 2010 - 6:30pm

I vote for option 3. I think that everyone should vote for option 3.

• Ashley K on February 13th, 2010 - 6:31pm

I liked the old Odyssey theme much better.

• odysseylover on February 13th, 2010 - 7:30pm

#3 all the way!!! I CANNOT believe that paul died!!!!! I cried so hard! but as my mom said. he knew. i don’t really like the new theme song. and they shoulda made all the changes in stages. not all at once. I’m REEEEEEEEEEALLY gonna miss the old odyssey. :'(

• austin on February 13th, 2010 - 7:45pm

I like #3. I wish Paul hadn’t died. The new Whit just doesn’t sound…well…like Whit, I guess. By the way, we just got 3 inches of snow here in Georgia. That never happens! (;

• lexi on February 13th, 2010 - 9:32pm

I’m soooo sorry that Paul died. I looked up on youtube the owl on winnie the pooh (voice of the new Mr. Whitaker) and he sounds a lot like Paul. I know Paul can never be replaced, but I know the new guy will do a GREAT job as well.

• AREM on February 14th, 2010 - 7:36am

I SO agree with u, Harpazo & every1 else who likes # 2!!!! That’s the BEST!!! It sounds new & modern, but has the old song mixed in somehow. G-R-E-A-T!!!

I’m SO sorry that Mr. Herlinger died. He was my fav actor on Odyssey. I miss him & whenever I hear him in old Odyssey episodes, I feel hurt. ;-( :-( Goodbye Mr. Herlinger. When is the memorial going 2 be put on the podcast?

• Anonymous on February 14th, 2010 - 10:28am

Paul died! nooooo. I’ll miss him. :(

• natalia on February 14th, 2010 - 10:56am

pretty cool theme.i am so glad they’re going to change it!

• Joy on February 14th, 2010 - 11:12am

I like number two the best. Personally I liked the old one better than the new options. Just my take. :-)

• meg on February 14th, 2010 - 12:24pm

Dear Odyssey,

I’m sorry about Mr. Herlinger. I think Mr. Adneray will do a great job.

That is not why I am posting this however.

I think I know who can take over for Mr. Walker. Is the guy who played Connie’s Uncle Joe still alive? I think if he is, he could play Tom Ryale! His voice sounds like Mr. Walker’s voice. All you have to do is get him to southern it up alittle.

Thouse who read this and think it is a good idea, please post the letters P.H.W.E.

Love,

Meg

• Mikayla on February 14th, 2010 - 12:55pm

NUMBER THREE (3) IS THE BEST! VOTE #3!

• Idance4jesus on February 14th, 2010 - 1:40pm

No.#3 is from the episode “Sounds like a Mystery.” I do NOT like that one.
    I didn’t enjoy No.#2, just wasn’t for me!
    I voted for No.#1, I really like it!! Simple, but classy, exactly what AIO needs.

• Idance4jesus on February 14th, 2010 - 1:43pm

Daniel, He resigned because he knew that his health was failing. I am so thankful for him not wanting to hurt so many fans hearts. He resigned because he knew he wouldn’t be around much longer.

• austin on February 14th, 2010 - 2:00pm

• austin on February 14th, 2010 - 2:03pm

I changed my mind. I like 2 better now. Is there a way to change your vote? :!

• MAINE on February 14th, 2010 - 2:35pm

from everyone’s posts, it looks like #2 & #3 are going to be close

• alicia on February 14th, 2010 - 2:52pm

never mind.you don’t have to answer my voting question. i figured it out.thanks anyway!god bless you.

• fiddlestix on February 14th, 2010 - 3:25pm

I think it’s great that aio is updating the pictures of connie, eugene, and all the others, but it seems like everything is changing at once!first the new Whit, then the new characters, then new pictures of the characters and now new music. It might be a little too much all at once.but i look forward to the new episodes that teach the same great values:)

• David on February 14th, 2010 - 4:02pm

I love the third option, and my little sister does too! I really hope it becomes the next theme song for the podcast.

• Rach on February 14th, 2010 - 4:26pm

I definitely like number 3 the best! The other two sound too much like the new AIO theme song…

• jASMINE V. on February 14th, 2010 - 6:40pm

I REALY LIKE NUMBER 1 AND 2. TO ME IT’S KINDOF LIKE SAYING OR TELLING PEOPLE”WELCOME TO THE ADVENTURES IN ODDESSEY PODCAST OR CATCH UP ON THE LATEST NEWS OR DATABAS”. BUT I ALSO LIKE NO. 3. ITS GOOD FOR WHEN ANYTHING EXITING HAPPENS. BUT I LIKE ALL THREE.:)

• Jess on February 14th, 2010 - 7:23pm

I have to admit, I am a bit disapointed with all the changes. It doesn’t feel like the same Odyssey. Even though the theme is cool, I think it would be better to keep it the same it was, for tradition sake

• Anonymous on February 14th, 2010 - 8:17pm

Paul was a good voice for Whit. Andre isn’t really a good voice for the character.

• Julie on February 14th, 2010 - 8:22pm

I’m for the 2nd one =D
    luv the new odyssey theme song

• Janna on February 15th, 2010 - 8:36am

your cool!

• Megan on February 15th, 2010 - 10:53am

I can’t believe that Paul Herlinger is dead! He was the BEST actor who played Whit! I’ll really miss hearing him! :O(

• erh on February 15th, 2010 - 11:08am

#2! Thats really cool! Kinda miss the older ones, but i like this one too! Go get em! Go Odyssey!

• K on February 15th, 2010 - 11:11am

Thank you Lindsey S. I agree with you!

• jacob on February 15th, 2010 - 1:52pm

Why did Mr.Wittaker face change cause it looks like lost 100 pounds and hes way to scinny

• Odesseygeeks on February 15th, 2010 - 3:10pm

We vote for number #3. (wait a minnute. Do i have to go somewhere else to vote….?)

• anna on February 15th, 2010 - 3:47pm

mr Herlingers voice was the best and so was Hal Smith. we miss them both. they made really good Mr Whitikers their voices were the Beat.
    And to Meg: i say P. H. W.E

• Meg on February 15th, 2010 - 4:09pm

Thanks Anna!

• Paula on February 15th, 2010 - 4:27pm

Yes “Odyssey Geek”, Go to the top of this page, and click on “vote on your favorite now,” and vote.

• Catherine on February 15th, 2010 - 5:18pm

I will really miss Paul:(

• chris on February 15th, 2010 - 6:01pm

great song Adventure in odyssey

• jacob on February 15th, 2010 - 7:06pm

who’s Hal Smith? and i own the special collection I got it for christmas ha ha

• jacob on February 15th, 2010 - 7:08pm

Hey! oddeysey geeks aren’t you part of the bones of wrath!get out of here!

• lu on February 15th, 2010 - 7:35pm

Mr. Campbell,
    You create wonderful music! Without it, oddysey would not be as exciting. Some audio series are missing a lot of music… maybe that’s why they are not really my favorite. Keep up the good work!

Lu

• pie is good on February 15th, 2010 - 8:25pm

YES! Finally an interview with John C.! I have waited for this for a LONGtime because I LOVE music. The new Odyssey show theme is WAY better than the old one. it is less cheesy in a way. I voted for podcast theme 3. So sad about Paul. He rocked.

• Ryme on February 15th, 2010 - 9:15pm

#2

• Kurt on February 16th, 2010 - 5:07am

Sorry to hear about Mr. H. On the theme songs, I actually liked the original better – it’s fun and upbeat, but I voted for #3 – definitely better than the first two. In any case, keep up the good work, Mr. Campbell!

• Grant on February 16th, 2010 - 10:18am

P.H.W.E. I vote for Parley Baar to repace Walker as voice of Tom. Though it probably won’t happen.

• anna on February 16th, 2010 - 12:19pm

opps i ment to say in the comment abouve that his voice was the best not the beat. Sorry! ;0

• jess on February 16th, 2010 - 12:24pm

Three was used in “Think on these Things” at the begining. (Sorry for spelling Begining wrong)

• alayan on February 16th, 2010 - 1:03pm

I think that the new music them for Odyssey is great!
    I hope the crew in the studio is blessed by what Mr Hal and
    Mr Paul have been doing in their lives and find a new voice for Whit.
    I wanted to let ya’ll know that I’ve been a fan since I was six and I’m still ahving a great tome listening to the podcasts and radio shows online!

• Micah on February 16th, 2010 - 1:36pm

I like the last one it is cool. That is so sad about Paul H. We will miss him.

• Leanne S. on February 16th, 2010 - 6:56pm

Just vote for anything but #3! Go Odyssey!

• Rebekah .b on February 16th, 2010 - 9:21pm

PAUL IS DEAD! NO!
    I WAS SO SHOKED WHEN I FOUND OUT!
    I STILL CAN HARDLEY BELEIVE IT!! WHO WILL BE NEXT WHIT?
    I WILL PRAY HARD OUT FOR YOU ODYSSEY CREW!

• Rebekah .b on February 16th, 2010 - 9:29pm

jacob.
    Paul .h (r.i.p) is the voise of Whit!

• Rebekah .b on February 16th, 2010 - 9:47pm

i vote no. 3

• pIERROFAMILY on February 16th, 2010 - 11:32pm

May God Bless you all through these many changes,
    and that His Kingdom continue to grow with each new episode of Adventures in Odyssey.
    The new characters look good – although have to agree with other’s posts that the color of Connie’s eyes were green, and that Eugene’s were blue…however, SO VERY thankful you changed his hair color from orange! :) Whit looks very distinguished, a lot like I have always imagined him.
    Thanks for sending out God’s wonderful message that Jesus Loves us ALL.

• pIERROFAMILY on February 17th, 2010 - 12:16am

Theme #1 is most beautiful with the tingling bells, however, this could then be immediately followed by the dramatic bold music of Theme #3 to end as one entire Theme #4 – together they are a perfect introduction to each Adventures in Odyssey show!
    Although Theme #2 is also nice.

We know you all are very creative artists and can actually maybe work in the best mixture of the selections for the new theme song for Odyssey! :)

• pIERROFAMILY on February 17th, 2010 - 12:24am

…begin with theme #1 then add in theme #3 right before the last chord of Theme # 1… = PERFECT INTRO!

• Jess on February 17th, 2010 - 7:22am

Grant, Parely Baer died in 97

• jacob on February 17th, 2010 - 9:53am

Paul herlinger was the best voice I wonder why God had him die its just so sad!

• Jacob Gascho on February 17th, 2010 - 9:54am

Hey guise love the new Odeyessy T-H-E-M-E!!!
    And for the others that look at the comments,
    I just want them to know that I think the podcast theme option 2 is the B-E-S-T!!!!

• Abbie on February 17th, 2010 - 11:26am

That wood be awesome!

• jacob on February 17th, 2010 - 12:19pm

I vote #3 that rocks!Paul Herlinger was the only person I liked I think he’s better than Katie Leigh!

• connie on February 17th, 2010 - 1:45pm

I have listened 2 Adventures in Odyssey ever since I was 5 yrs old!!! Know I am 13!!!

• jacob on February 17th, 2010 - 2:35pm

I own over fifty Adventures in Odyssey’s.

• alicia on February 17th, 2010 - 3:14pm

hey connie!we’re the same age!but I’ve only been listening to odyssey for 4 years.

• Dan on February 17th, 2010 - 5:39pm

I think Andre sounds more like bernard also. Needs to deepen voice and talk slower.

• Abbie on February 18th, 2010 - 7:18am

definitely #3. This one sounds very adventuruous, and not to to much like the already theme for aio.

• Anonymous on February 18th, 2010 - 7:34am

Im really sad! He was a great whit! I vote #1

• LYDIA on February 18th, 2010 - 8:15am

I voted for #3. the other ones didn’t sound exciting enough to me. i like the new AIO theme song. i almost wish some of this stuff didn’t have to change (like the logo) but i like the new theme.

• lukerman on February 18th, 2010 - 11:29am

I CRYED when I heard paul died!):

• lukerman on February 18th, 2010 - 11:35am

P.H.W.E.

• jacob on February 18th, 2010 - 11:53am

could you tell me who you are Connie I mean your real name I know it sounds weird I’m just curious.

• jacob on February 18th, 2010 - 12:10pm

I know that Paul H. is whits voice I hear that at the end of each episode.

• Peter on February 18th, 2010 - 2:32pm

Kind of like the 3rd theme song. Hope that Paul’s family and friends are doing okay and grateful that God could use him for so many years to touch lives as the voice of Whit.

• DYlan on February 18th, 2010 - 3:20pm

I Love odyssey! Wait… who doesn’t… Oddyssey Rocks I hope oddyssey Never ends. Let’s hope not. Whit and eugene are my favorite. Dylan age 10

• Lovely on February 18th, 2010 - 3:52pm

I like number 1 and 3. Number one cause it still has that classic aio sound to it and number 3 cause its bolder. AHHHHH!!!! Paul H died thats sooo sad

• zack on February 18th, 2010 - 8:02pm

Really sad about Mr. H. He was the best Whit. :(

• connie on February 19th, 2010 - 7:54am

Yes it does sound a little weird…please stop being curious!

• Tim on February 19th, 2010 - 8:10am

Meg, Anna, Grant, and Lukerman: the guy who played Connie’s Uncle Joe, Parley Baer, died in 1997. I read this in the official guide. I hope they can find a good replacement for Walker Edminston, as I do not want Tom’s voice to change at all! Though I am kind of old fashion. I don’t really like a lot of the changes in AIO but the theme and logo look great to me! Its’ Connie’s character drawing that I have the most problem with. They could have done better with her. Oh well.

• Lovely on February 19th, 2010 - 2:28pm

so when are you guys going to tell us which theme will be the new one?? PLEASE LET A VERY IMPATIENT FAN KNOW!

• emily on February 19th, 2010 - 2:45pm

Hey IDANCE4JESUS, cool name! I dance for jesus too! how old are you and what is your real name? PS I’m 11 going on 12.

• SNOOK on February 19th, 2010 - 4:31pm

Number (#) 3 is my vote.

• HORSE LOVER on February 19th, 2010 - 5:04pm

SO SAD ABOUT WHIT!

• Wes b. on February 19th, 2010 - 6:19pm

Everyone copy and paste this: WE LOVE YOU PAUL!!!

• Miley on February 19th, 2010 - 6:46pm

that is so sad about Whit

• anonymous on February 19th, 2010 - 7:19pm

i like #2!!

• connie on February 20th, 2010 - 12:10pm

WE LOVE YOU PAUL!!!

• connie on February 20th, 2010 - 12:12pm

The new Whit cartoon picture looks like a French Lumberjack!!!

• connie on February 20th, 2010 - 12:16pm

I vote for #2 its sounds so cool #3 sounds like theres going 2 b a adventure but they r just telling new things #1 is just TO soft and BORING so go for #2!!!

• olivia on February 20th, 2010 - 1:58pm

I love Adventures.

• timberline on February 20th, 2010 - 7:30pm

mr whit: he realy made odusy what i whanted to lisen to, but if he could read this now i bet he would be touched: ps he is haveing a much better time now than we are!

• hannah on February 20th, 2010 - 9:37pm

WE LOVE YOU Mr.Herlinger!!!

• alli on February 20th, 2010 - 9:42pm

I’m going 2 miss Paul Herlinger so much!
    he was the best Whit ever!
    i like #3 best

• Alli on February 20th, 2010 - 9:45pm

i agree w/ Meg
    P.W.H.E.

• joy on February 20th, 2010 - 11:12pm

Also, my favorite option was #3.

• Diana on February 21st, 2010 - 4:50am

WE LOVE YOU PAUL!!!

• Jesse fan #1 on February 21st, 2010 - 8:04am

i vote number 3!
    GO JESSE! YOU NEED TO BE ON THE SHOW

• Anonymous on February 21st, 2010 - 10:32am

I am going to vote for the 3 choice. It sounds the most like the old one I think. I’m so sad to hear that Paul H. died. I am praying for his family and friends. God Bless.

• Jossie on February 21st, 2010 - 1:08pm

I can’t believe Paul died! He was a really good as a John Avery Whittaker! I bet everyone will miss him!

• Jossie on February 21st, 2010 - 1:10pm

By the way,I think option three is the best. It matches the adventures in Odyssey.

• nina on February 21st, 2010 - 1:28pm

So sorry about whit ill miss him alot there is a lot of
    changes in Odyssey.I can’t wait for the new episodes.I
    love the new theme song,to be honest i like
    both.I am a Odyssey freak my mom calls me I have tons
    volumes.Including NOACOM love IT.

• ManDY Fan on February 21st, 2010 - 3:50pm

I like number three because it is the most exciting and the best. I can’t wait for album 51! We love you Paul!

• ManDY Fan on February 21st, 2010 - 3:52pm

Andre Stojka is the new Whit.

• Miranda on February 21st, 2010 - 4:40pm

3,2,1. I love the third theme.

I’ll really miss the old Whit.

• KEndalin on February 21st, 2010 - 5:06pm

WE LOVE YOU PAUL!!!Anyway, why did you change the way everyone looks? I’m really excited to see Harlow Doyle, Pur-rivate eye. He;s one of my favs.

• KEndalin on February 21st, 2010 - 5:08pm

Me and my family still miss Hal Smith,the first Whit, especially his laugh.

• Paula on February 21st, 2010 - 9:07pm

I would much rather have no Mr. Whittaker at all, then to have a new one.

• jack on February 22nd, 2010 - 8:26am

Though we`re sad, Paul`s having an awesome time! I can`t wait to meet him when
    I get to heaven. By the way, what`s everyone`s favorite episode?

• sally on February 22nd, 2010 - 8:29am

go paul! i liked number2.it was best. and,jack,my fave
    episode is nothing but the half truthe

• joey on February 22nd, 2010 - 8:34am

Have a great time,paul! I love you kati lee!jack,the best
    episode wuz either the spy who bugged me or its all about
    me.

• marline on February 22nd, 2010 - 8:38am

ILOVE PAUL!GO NUMBER THREE! JACK, IN MY OPINION, ARIZONA SUNRISE WAS THE BEST EPISODE.

• beanyboy on February 22nd, 2010 - 4:18pm

#3

• beanyboy on February 22nd, 2010 - 4:22pm

im sorry that paul died.Im going to miss him.I wonder who will play John Avery Whittaker.

• kendra on February 22nd, 2010 - 4:42pm

this has absolutely nothin to do with paul or anything but it kinda looks like the characters on the website look different…..mabey its just me lol…..and i love arizona sunrise to…. and i still think mitch and connie should get married…and eugene should have a kid that would be so awesome

• ABE on February 22nd, 2010 - 5:19pm

I think that #3 is the best because it remains separate from AIO, but is still related. So sad to hear about Paul. I think he was and still is my favorite “Whit”.

• #1odysseyfan on February 22nd, 2010 - 6:10pm

i love the new theme! it is awesome. i am so sorry that paul herlinger died. he was a great actor.i cant wait 4 album51 2 come out. love to you all and God bless.
    ps Why dont uput some more free episodes on the website.
    #1ODYSSEYFAN

• #1odysseyfan on February 22nd, 2010 - 6:12pm

aio= :)
    PAuls death= :’

• stephen on February 23rd, 2010 - 1:06pm

:) Go Whit! go adventures in odyssey!woo-hoo #2!

• CC on February 23rd, 2010 - 2:04pm

I LOVE AIO IT IS THE BEST!!! WAY TO GO AIO!!! I LIKE THE ORIGINAL THEME BUT OUT OF THE THREE THE THIRD IS THE BEST! I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT PAUL HE WAS AWESOME! WE WILL MISS PAUL SO MUCH! I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH PAUL!

• jess on February 23rd, 2010 - 2:37pm

WE LOVE YOU PAUL!!!

• mark on February 23rd, 2010 - 9:27pm

Jack, i like poor loser.

• heather on February 23rd, 2010 - 9:29pm

totally, mark, poor loser all the way!

p.s. we love you paul!

• henry on February 23rd, 2010 - 9:31pm

Jack, my favorite episode is definitely sky trip.go#2!

• whit on February 23rd, 2010 - 9:35pm

hey, everyone, apparently someone gave a poll about fave
    episodes.who posted it? my favorite is whit`s flop.

• carrie on February 23rd, 2010 - 9:37pm

my absolute favorite episode is definitely broken window.

• Jill on February 23rd, 2010 - 9:40pm

Why does everyone keep posting their favorite episodes?
    Mine is Green Eyes and Yellow Tulips. That`s when Connie
    meets Mitch.

• aLICE on February 24th, 2010 - 8:16am

WE LOVE YOU PAUL!!!

• anna on February 24th, 2010 - 10:16am

i am very very sad that paul herlinger died i loved how he did whit are you going to do another album like the search for whit plus i really liked the old theme song best why didn’t you keep it as it was as tom riley or was that bernard why fix somthing that isn’t broken

• anna on February 24th, 2010 - 10:16am

o and i agree with alice

• 12 on February 24th, 2010 - 5:15pm

hey semaj is your name james?

• 12 on February 24th, 2010 - 5:18pm

sad paul h died

• lily on February 25th, 2010 - 7:50am

Alice,I agree with you. and, everyone, my favorite episode is hidden in my heart.

• Eleni on February 25th, 2010 - 4:33pm

I don’t have a favorite episode because I love all of them.I liked the last option.

• cgirl11 on February 25th, 2010 - 7:18pm

option 2 but i like the old one better.

• cgirl11 on February 25th, 2010 - 7:20pm

i don’t have a favorite episode but i really like the nove com thinge
    (sorry i’m a bad speller)

• c on February 26th, 2010 - 9:23am

i think i like…… song 2

• seymaj on February 26th, 2010 - 9:37pm

Hey, everyone,my real name is actually Hamlet, but I don`t like going by that.

• Jenna on February 27th, 2010 - 7:56am

#3 is the best!

• Rebecca on February 27th, 2010 - 8:02am

Something Blue part 1 and 2 are my favorite one so far but the ending was sad. I wish the ending was much different!!! :0

• Sarah on February 27th, 2010 - 3:12pm

definetly #3.

• beth on February 27th, 2010 - 3:50pm

I was wondering why they put in a new Whit but now I undersand

Thanks for all you did Mr. Herlinger!!

• antonio on February 28th, 2010 - 12:24am

2 rocks

• riley(girl) on March 1st, 2010 - 5:33pm

Dear Paul,
    You will be missed. Every actor adds a little bit of personality to the part of John Avery Whittaker. I have already cried for Mr. Herlinger. But he is in heaven, with Hal and Jesus. I am so happy for him! Death has no sting for those who are children of God.
    Dear Andre,
    Your voice talents are very new and fresh. Your flair and annunciation are a very good combination, and your talents will be well loved by all die hard Odyssey fans like me and the other commenters. WE LOVE YOU!!!

• josh on March 1st, 2010 - 9:33pm

ditto to antonio. :)

• Captain Josh on March 3rd, 2010 - 12:26am

PAUL DIED? NOOO!!!!! HE WAS THE BEST ACTOR EVER! WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DIE!

• horselover on March 3rd, 2010 - 11:55am

am i the only girl with an name like this? ( not my real name ).

• Pete on March 4th, 2010 - 8:02am

#3 for me!!

• MARIE on March 4th, 2010 - 3:47pm

Great job, John!!(and aio)
    u guys rock

• anonymous on March 4th, 2010 - 7:37pm

Y did paul die! also i agree wit mykayla. wats wit eugenes eyes. PLEASE ANSWER!

• hans on March 5th, 2010 - 1:09pm

The welcome to whits end was good [the thing about Wooton and the keys].The new whit is great.

• Anonymous on March 8th, 2010 - 12:35pm

definetly #3 should be the new podcast them song

• Anonymous on March 10th, 2010 - 6:22am

I don’t like the new whit as much as the old one. I will miss him.

• charles on March 10th, 2010 - 6:24am

we’ll miss you Mr. Paul!!

• ANONYMOUS on March 10th, 2010 - 6:32am

PAUL DIED?! HE WAS GREAT!!

• Nicole on March 10th, 2010 - 1:22pm

That is so Sad

• Arom on March 14th, 2010 - 7:39pm

At first I didn’t like Paul as Whit. But he grew on me. The same goes for Andre Stojka as Whit.

• 14h54o3258t5 on March 18th, 2010 - 2:47pm

i realt liked the old whit now the new with is just ok

• J on March 26th, 2010 - 12:28pm

So I just found out now that Paul Herlinger died. It didn’t seem like they posted much of anything on this site about it and I don’t understand why not? I loved his Whit soo much he fit it perfect just like Hal Smith. I’ll really miss him!!

• Odysseyfan#1 on April 10th, 2010 - 9:14am

Paul Herlinger was my favorite voice of Mr. Whittaker. Hal Smith was fine too, and Andre Stojka I will definitely have to get used to. I’m sorry to hear Paul Passed away. I’d never met him, but I do love him. I like the new Odyssey theme song. It’s good to set the future episodes apart from the older Odyssey.

• jacklyn on April 15th, 2010 - 7:22pm

Sorry to here about Paul. Y DOES ODYSSEY HAVE TO CHANGE, well the faces are fine but every thing else : ( my favorite was number 2.
    I live in alaska and those six or three feet of snow are nothing! Its awesome here!

• franklin on May 3rd, 2010 - 10:08am

I like 2 and, Im Sorry to hear about Paul who did a great job in the odyssey team.

• jesus on October 15th, 2010 - 8:23pm

Even though Paul is dead he is in heaven.

• John on October 16th, 2010 - 8:33am

Wow, I can’t believe no one has commented about me saying the old, unused theme sounded like a colo(u)r, sounds weird.

• j.s.s on December 2nd, 2010 - 11:13am

I am very sorry for everyone on the odyssey team. You guys have become so close to one another through odyssey and this is a very sad time . I know that with time you will heal from the pain that this has caused you. Even though everything is changing it’s for the better. we will always remember Paul in our hearts, although I don’t know any of you I know that when anyone loses a friend it is painful. I will be praying for you all! :0)

• abigail on December 6th, 2010 - 11:25pm

when i first heard about paul’s daeth i was so so so so sad. i dont really like the NEW odyseys but i kinda like them. it’s just the new fami;y. i really dont like the new family.

• abigail on December 6th, 2010 - 11:26pm

i was really really sad because of paul’s death.

• HUGE FAN on January 20th, 2011 - 2:56pm

I’m sorry Paul died he had a great voice.

• HUGE FAN on January 20th, 2011 - 2:59pm

Even though Paul is dead he is in heaven.

• anounomys84 on April 4th, 2012 - 7:53pm

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool and sad. : )