For the Birds — Devotional: Here Kitty, Kitty

April 10th, 2010

After you’ve heard “For the Birds,” check out this devotional thought. (If you haven’t heard the episode, check out the Media Player. You can also find a station in your area.)

By Catherine Wilson

Camilla’s adventures with pets reminded me a lot of my own family’s pet experiences. Just like Camilla, my parents told me that our family was a “no-pet family.” And just like Camilla I really, really wanted a pet. Then, one day in the summer, in the empty lots behind our house I saw a creamy-white and orange tabby cat. “Hi there kitty, do you belong to somebody?” I asked. I knew it wasn’t safe to pet a strange animal and the cat wouldn’t let us get within ten feet of her. Still, I was excited. Maybe God sent this cat to our family!

Some of my neighbors and I looked for its owner, but no one came to claim her. We took turns with the neighbors leaving food for the cat, and named it Tammy. Tammy got to be more and more friendly, eventually letting us pet her. The leaves began to change color and I asked my mom again if we could keep Tammy. She finally said, “Catherine, if winter comes and that cat still doesn’t have a home, then we can talk about keeping her.” I was so close! I practically had a pet!

One day I got off the school bus and Tammy wasn’t there! One of my neighbors had taken Tammy to the vet for a check up. I thought that was nice. If Tammy was healthy, maybe that would be all my mom needed to let me adopt her! Then, after dinner, my neighbors came over to tell me more news: “Catherine! Catherine! The vet’s assistant adopted Tammy!”

How disappointing! I was so close! Like Camilla, I was sad that things didn’t go my way. I was even angry for a while. That was going to be my cat! But I had to learn that even though it wasn’t my plan, God had taken care of Tammy and now she was in a good home.

In Matthew 6, Jesus said, “look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.” Jesus is telling us that He will take care of our needs. I guess that I didn’t really need to have a cat.

Sometimes things don’t turn out the way that we hope, but we have to learn that God’s plans are bigger and better than ours, even when we don’t understand what’s happening. That vet’s assistant was probably better at taking care of cats than I would have been. I’m sure that Tammy and her owner are very happy together.

Have you ever had any adventures with pets in your family? Tell us in the comments below!

154 Comments on “For the Birds — Devotional: Here Kitty, Kitty”

• Odyssey#1Fan on April 10th, 2010 - 7:20am

I loved this episode (especially the scene where they talk about all the pets that died). I once had a tadpole for 2 weeks… he didn’t make it to a frog… :-\

• Horselover on April 10th, 2010 - 8:53am

Once someone dumped a rooster at uor house. We live on a farm with chickens and they must have figured we could use it. My dad doesn’t like roosters because they atack, but this one didn’t. It followed us every where and pretended we were it hens. We named it rooster brother, but we didn’t let it in with our hens.
    One day some of our hens got out and he was all rooster. Then I realized how selfish I had been. He wanted hens! We gave him to some people and I really miss him, but we did right.

• melanie on April 10th, 2010 - 10:02am

I love Adventures in Odyssey!

• Alayna on April 10th, 2010 - 10:38am

on the description of this show, responsibility is spelled responsability. oops!

• Reneè on April 10th, 2010 - 12:41pm

Aww. I had to wait a very long time before I got my own puppy. Took years of allergy therapy. And lots of goldfish. :P

The “Doctor Who” reference made me laugh out loud! I was in the middle of editing a picture of “The Doctor” when I heard that. Now I’ve got to go make a Wallpaper of “Doctor What”!

• Anonymous on April 10th, 2010 - 1:50pm

1st!?!?!

• mael on April 10th, 2010 - 3:00pm

I dont know if i am first but i love animals i have always wanted to own a sort shelter for animals i cant name how many pets that i have prayed for.I have REALY liked this show.

• Sarah on April 10th, 2010 - 3:33pm

Why is Eugene at Whit’s End again? I thought he was running “Helping Hands”.

• jazmyne on April 10th, 2010 - 4:34pm

i have a dog named sara and she is white and brown every body that see her says she really pretty

• nathan on April 10th, 2010 - 4:47pm

I loved that episode! I am 14 and I birdwatch and feed birds in my backyard. Thank you soooo much for making that episode, I really don’t know any birdwatchers. Once, we had a robin and bunny nest in are yard. It was fun to look for the baby robin fledling every day until it could fly, of course I couldn’t pet it though. I actually got to hold a bunny!

• amelia on April 10th, 2010 - 5:28pm

i love camilla she is my faverite kid character she is so great.

• Doll on April 10th, 2010 - 7:50pm

that was such a funny story!!! our family practically has a zoo we have so many pets… a dog, 3 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits, a gecko lizard, tons of fish and we used to have 4 hamsters and a fire belly toad… lol we love pets!!! :)

• EATHELFLEAD on April 10th, 2010 - 7:59pm

a few years ago, when my parents decided that we had to be missionarys. we had to move to a place with no pets. we had to give my 2 caTS to our grandma that made me sad

• someone on April 10th, 2010 - 8:02pm

am I the first to post? and to answer your question i’ve ha two frogs and one died before it became am adult but the other one lived a cupule more months. now I have two gerbils and one fish but i have to egmit i don’t give them enough of my time.and i cant say that i’m to bussy. :( (nice cat picture so cute)

• andrew on April 10th, 2010 - 8:23pm

one time me and my dad found a baby kittens they were really cute and dad didn’t want to keep them so we had to take thim to the pound it was hard for me to see thim go

• Stephanie on April 10th, 2010 - 10:30pm

I listened to the ask the writers and I got MAD!!!!! Why do you have to replace Blackgard? He is not going to be replaced easily!!!!! Don’t do this!!!! Please bring Blackgard back!!! Don’t do this!!! Keep him as the local theater director! Maybee give him a companion that eventually takes over for him after he dies, but don’t replace him! I might stop listening if you don’t kep him on the show! I want Blackgard back!!!!!! Either he or Shakespere has to come back to ODYSSEY. Bring back him and S.

• The 1st one on April 11th, 2010 - 1:29pm

Such an amazing story! I love it. BTW I like cats too! Have you heard about Tammy after then?

I’m the first one!!!!!!

God Bless,
    The first one

• hannah n f on April 11th, 2010 - 2:41pm

WOW! what an amazing story . But somtimes i do agree that maybe the Lord did not want her to have a cat.
    love
    Hannah

• Alexandria on April 11th, 2010 - 7:49pm

I love cats :) that cat might have been feral. Does anyone have a webkinz? Am I the first to comment?

• logan on April 12th, 2010 - 7:46am

my dog, traveler, we called him that because he traveled a whole bunch, attacked my two new kittens, but my dad gave him a spanking and he never attacked them again!

• J.R.C on April 12th, 2010 - 10:37am

This one is pretty good!

• Cameron on April 12th, 2010 - 11:04am

We had a dog named Penda and he was almost a year old when he died from throat cancer. He was a good dog. But now we got a new (also named Penda) and he is 4 years old. We also have a yellow lab who is 12 years old. His name is Casey. We have like a zoo in my house.

• Abbie on April 12th, 2010 - 1:43pm

I have had no pets but fish :( I know one story that was funny about them. I had 3 fish- angelina, black-eye and goldy. Well, we went on vacation for three days and when we came back, there was only one fish- black eye. No skeletons on anything was left of the other fish! We keep wonderin what happened. we think that black eye ate the other fish, lol.

• Lindsey s. on April 12th, 2010 - 1:56pm

Stephanie, ok, breath in and out, in and out and calm down. I am not very happy about the changes either, but that doesn’t mean we have the right to throw a fit about it. What I did was email the Odyssey team to express my feelings. But I am with you on this one. I am upset about Edwin Blackaard not coming back, but I am in utter dismay about Bernard not coming back either! As I said, just email the Odyssey team, and tell them how you feel. Here is the email address, questions@whitsend.org.

• pop on April 12th, 2010 - 3:49pm

i wish i hade a dog or any pet . and when you think of it its so cool how God made all these amazing animals

• dori on April 12th, 2010 - 4:58pm

i had and had 18 pets some alive some not my first pets were 2 rabbit but they died then i had a dog but she died. then i got a dog he is still alive then i had i got 14 fish then 12 died good thing the other 2 are still alive. got to go bye

• lola on April 12th, 2010 - 7:51pm

i hav a dog, solomon. he is hugeeeeeee!!!!! but he is sweet, he kills a lot of things in our yard, like rabbits and birds. o i luv this episode!!!!! it is so funiii

• taliyah on April 12th, 2010 - 8:29pm

Good luck.tell the kids that odessey is the best. you better. okey.I whata dog.

• Odysseyfan#1 on April 13th, 2010 - 7:22am

Sarah, Eugene’s organization is called “Hand Up”, and his office is at Whit’s End, which is why he is here. (I’m also not entirely sure if he still runs hand up, what with the relaunch of odyssey).

Stephanie, The actor of Blackgard (Earl Boen) recently retired, and he lives in Hawaii, and they record the shows in California, so that is why they’re replacing him.

• Sue on April 13th, 2010 - 2:36pm

I loved this episode! I especially loved the reference to Doctor Who because when I first listened to the episode it was right after I had gotten a box set of Doctor Who! Me and my sister made my dad come into the room to listen to it and he laughed at the Doctor What/Who part! I loved the rest of the episode too and it’s become one of my favorite episodes! Good job odyssey team!

• Grace on April 13th, 2010 - 2:51pm

Great point of veiw.God bless you, GRace.

• Misskitty17 on April 13th, 2010 - 5:32pm

Alexandra, I love cats too

• JERAKAH on April 13th, 2010 - 6:40pm

I LOVE YOU DUDES

• Odysseyfan#1 on April 13th, 2010 - 6:57pm

I like cats too!

• T.C. on April 14th, 2010 - 10:09am

I have 2 dogs,1 cat,a bird, 5 chickens and my mom just had her 7th our house is pretty crazy we also had a turtle but he died… o well

• jessica on April 14th, 2010 - 10:32am

Thank you AIO team! You are on the top of my favorite shows list.( Not that I have a list written down but, anyway!) G2G
    Jessica

• Anonymous on April 15th, 2010 - 1:40am

in the bible there are curses so there are curses (the bible is never wrong) there are both blessings and curses that is why we need to be careful what we say words have power behind them like a prayer.

• Sarah on April 15th, 2010 - 2:40pm

i loved the reference to doctor who! it made me laugh so hard! now it is one of my favorites!

• Sarah on April 15th, 2010 - 2:41pm

i loved the reference to doctor who! it made me laugh so hard! now it is one of my favorites.

• katie on April 15th, 2010 - 2:42pm

I agree with anonymous its true we really have to be careful what we say!

• Sarah on April 15th, 2010 - 2:42pm

i loved the reference to doctor who! it made me laugh so hard! .

• ggjj on April 16th, 2010 - 6:14am

wooton is so funny!

• ggjj on April 16th, 2010 - 6:15am

wooton is so funny and awsome!

• BK on April 16th, 2010 - 2:30pm

I don’t really like the new episodes. the new kids are kind of spoiled and childish. They act like kids on tv do, the kind of kids that were never on Odyssey, which was part of the reason I liked Odyssey.

• COURTNEY on April 16th, 2010 - 4:30pm

last October i found a two week old black kitten at my grandmas house next door. we were never allowed to have cat’s because my sister and brother are allergic to them and my dad didn’t want one. for about a month i went over to my grandmas barn three times a day to feed the kitten and to give it a hot water bottle. just after thanksgiving my dad surprised me on a Saturday and said i could keep the kitten! i love her so very much! her name is button and she is now 5 1/2 months old!

• franklin on April 17th, 2010 - 2:17pm

I love the show. Its so good, and I love Wooton. He is so cool. I love the podcasts too, its very funny. great job odyssey team keep up the good work.

• Connie’s Fan on April 17th, 2010 - 3:03pm

I love the odyssey episodes, especially this one. I love it when Eugene tells Connie to get out the Hair Clippers. Thanks for writing these devotionals, they’re great!

• bRITTANY on April 18th, 2010 - 2:28pm

that show is so sad! I have a puppy now but i have wanted one for nine years and i was so Exited to get one at last!
    And aout the bird in the story, i have never liked bird for pets until I met Dotty, my best friend, Allie’s pet. (hi,Allie!) this show and that bird made me adore birds. thanks, Oddyise! love Brittany, Oddysee’s number #1 FAN

• SAM on April 18th, 2010 - 2:29pm

i Love this episode! great job!:D

• Beth on April 18th, 2010 - 3:56pm

Why Would Eugene shave his head?? All the new AiO episodes are just plain silly. Where are the moral lessons the old shows had? So far i haven’t liked any of the new episodes

PS They should Bring Richard Maxwell Back!!

• big belly on April 18th, 2010 - 5:13pm

wooten so funny

• big belly on April 18th, 2010 - 5:18pm

connie is aswome

• Becky on April 18th, 2010 - 11:50pm

I had a dog that ran away *tear* but I know a horse that thinks its a dog lol XD

• mary on April 19th, 2010 - 9:57am

I have 2 cats

• josh on April 19th, 2010 - 11:12am

I’ve had three pets: a fish named mickey he died, A dog named brownie he ran away, and we currently have a tiny dog named peanut she’s scared of basketballs XD

• Kitty Girl!! on April 19th, 2010 - 4:25pm

I Luv this story!!! It is so cool!!! I have a cat too!!! Her name is Button. She’s black and white Adorable!!! I like the picture of the cat also. Have you heard ever again? Please anwser back.
    No, I’m sorry to say I haven’t heard from Tammy since. But I did get to help babysit newborn kittens and their mom when I got older. So I’ve had other pet adventures.

• T.M. on April 19th, 2010 - 6:42pm

we’ve had a lot of fish but they all died.i have had one turtle and two rabbits, two mice, one hamster,a lot of chickens, a horse, a lot of goats, emues, one cat and more.we have either gotten rid of them,moved or they died.our cat is the only one that we still have only she acts like a dog.

• Joshua on April 20th, 2010 - 12:02am

Odyssey is great!!

• olivia on April 20th, 2010 - 2:22pm

I think the excuse “the pet would teach me responsability” Is really common among kids.:)

• ryan on April 20th, 2010 - 2:50pm

i love oddesse as soon as i get home from school i go to whitsend and listen to that days oddesse i love oddesse and i love the new episodes but i am not real happy with the new voice of whit but still oddesse is great thanks so much for playing it!

• marcos on April 20th, 2010 - 3:03pm

i had 4 hamsters and 1 kokatail and 2 labradors they had 3 babies but they all died 2 parrots,and now i have a mut his name is max he is 3 years old,but in dog years he is 21 years old

• J.R.C on April 20th, 2010 - 3:06pm

We had two cats, but we had to get rid of them….. :( Sniff, sniff.

• Loryn on April 21st, 2010 - 11:30am

We havnt had them all at the same time but we have had a lot of pets. we have had dogs cats fish goats and even a chicken, just a few weeks ago our 15 year old dog died :-( we have had her since i was about 3, i am 12 years old now. My cousin gave her to me when she was already a few years old. But we just got another puppy,she is white with big black spots, she is a collie and she is very playful and we named her Abby! well bye 4 now… Odysee rocks!!!

• Loryn on April 21st, 2010 - 11:39am

we have a family in our church and they have about 200 animals… they have chickens goats ducks turkeys dogs roosters a dove some ginnys and some other animals. They used to have some hogs and rabbits… It is so fun to go to their house! :-)

• Kayla on April 22nd, 2010 - 9:16am

I’ve wanted a horse for a long time, but my parents always said no. Last month my friend told me about a horse that I could have for free!To my surprise, my parents said that if I liked the horse I could take her! We found out she had a sickness called foundering, so I couldn’t ride her that day.We weren’t to sure about it, so we called my riding teacher, she had some serious doubts.Sadly, we decided that she had to much of a problem so I didn’t end up getting the horse.

• sapphire on April 22nd, 2010 - 3:34pm

i really wanted a dog cuz we gave ours away.i begged my mom and dad but they said no cuz we r renting…i ended up not getting one …i have 3 cats.

• Kayla on April 23rd, 2010 - 7:43am

Oh wow! Just a little while since I posted the post above, I found out I can lease a horse for free!! Yay!! I’m so excited!!

• Mr.fuzzy on April 24th, 2010 - 6:17am

we live on a farm and once we had over twenty-one cats. Well my dad doesn’t like cats and he thought our’s were over populating. Consequently, we had to get rid of all but three. Since then they have all run away. I think I was only seven then.):

• cMR on April 26th, 2010 - 10:00am

I’d prayed for horse for years. But my family couldn’t affored one. But then, God told me that he was working in ways I couldn’t see. A few months later, we were giving a man a few of our sheep and he told me he had a yearling colt and that if I like the horse, I could have him. Long story short, Dominick is now home. I’ve been bit, bucked off, and sprained my ankle, but I learned an important lesson about God listening and answering my prayers.

• Anonymous on April 27th, 2010 - 2:40pm

One time we found this cat that liked to come to our house,we fed it tuna and water or milk I forget.

• Anonymous on April 27th, 2010 - 2:46pm

Another time my dad and I were just about to go out for a bike ride.Just when I was coming down the stairs my dad had found this dog that had walked up to our porch,it had a collar on it so I clipped my bike lock to the collar.We walked from house to house looking for the owner.Finally we knocked on a door not very far up the street,sure enough it was the owner.

• Miranda on April 28th, 2010 - 7:07am

I love my cat Bo Bo. She always comes into my room. She loves to be lazy on my bed. I wished I could have known her when she was a baby, but I can’t. She’s too big and old now. I like to dance with Bo Bo. Her real name is “Oreo” because she has a white stripe down her belly and her neck. She is special to me because I love it when she sleeps with me in my bed. I love her a lot. I would like to have a puppy someday, but my Dad said we won’t get one for awhile. I am thankful for Bo Bo.

• Kayla on April 28th, 2010 - 9:28am

That’s so cool CMR!! Did you break him yourself? What breed is he??
    :)Kayla

• ben on April 28th, 2010 - 11:31am

I have 7 Cats 1 Dog

• horselocer on April 29th, 2010 - 8:41am

Do you like horses to Kayla? I cant get a horse because our family cant afford it but I do horse chores for some people. CMR thats awsome!

• kait on April 29th, 2010 - 4:56pm

We have a cat that always runs away. One day he disappeard and didn’t come back till 3 months. We all thought it was dead.

• kaitlyn on April 29th, 2010 - 5:00pm

I have always wanted a horse. I still don’t have one yet.
    My older sister owns 2 horses. Ones a morgan and the other a quarter horse. I like to go up to the barn and ride them. My sister is a horse teacher. So i take lessons from her.

• Annie on April 29th, 2010 - 6:31pm

This has nothing to with the podcast but i think adventures in odyssey website should put the games back on the website

• kait on April 30th, 2010 - 7:55am

We have 1 Dog and 1 Cat. We used to have 3 cats but two died. I want to get a Alaskan Malamute. but i have to have enough money to pay for it.

• l.e.s. on April 30th, 2010 - 8:18am

i love for the birds it is so funny!

• Katy on May 1st, 2010 - 2:40pm

We have chickens, two rabbits, and “three cats” (one of them went wild and we usually don’t see him). I love tons of different kinds of animals. Kayla, one of my favorites is horses! I love horses, but I can’t get one. I have a job helping to take care of a blind appaloosa, and that is good experience and allows me to be around horses. He is a really nice horse too! That is so too bad about the horse you almost got, Kayla! I would love to have a horse. :)
    ~Katy (Ryn)

• me on May 1st, 2010 - 5:14pm

yah me to !!

• mael on May 1st, 2010 - 5:24pm

At the moment i have 7 animals,3 anoles,1 skink,1 tree frog,1 hamster and 1 dog.

• franklin on May 2nd, 2010 - 9:07pm

I love it its so funny and cool, I like this show its a show great.

• grace on May 3rd, 2010 - 10:35am

when my sisters and i whanted a dog we asked for about a year my mom finnaly said yes now we all love our two dogs
    and thank god for them

• KATIE on May 4th, 2010 - 4:21pm

ADVENTURES IN ODYSSEY IS AMAZING! Its my FAVORITE thing to listen to! I just wish I had more than 1 box of tapes!

• MICHELLE on May 7th, 2010 - 9:36am

I have two cats and two dogs. I used to have five cats, two dogs, one turtle, two frogs, and one fish. Eddie, my black lab, is like a close buddy to me. I talk to him and tease him and make fun of him and run with him and stuff. It’ll be so hard when he dies. I hope Jesus comes back before then. :(

• Olivia :) on May 7th, 2010 - 6:31pm

UH OH.
    Um, MICHELLE is supposed to be me. Sorry, I forgot to change the name

• maddie on May 8th, 2010 - 6:03pm

I have two dogs and one mean, feisty cat.I used to have a rabbit named Oreo and two love birds named kiwi and berry. We gave Oreo to a friend who’s rabbit died. Me and my sister went to church camp and when we got home we figured out my mom had given the birds to a neighbor. ): I REALLY want a horse. not like thats happening with me living in the suberbs and every thing.

• emma on May 8th, 2010 - 6:30pm

I’m maddie sister and our love birds died because the neighbors boy…well love birds can open their cage door and you need to put a rope on the door and the boy did not put a rope so the cat got it and the other bird got out to and the cat got it to):

• olivia :) on May 10th, 2010 - 6:19pm

Aww! I’m so sorry, guys! My dog, Goldie, died of cancer. It was horrible. And now I always wonder if my other dogs will get cancer too. :(

• Anonymous on May 11th, 2010 - 6:15pm

I LOVE ADVENTURES OF ODYSSEY

• 4god on May 18th, 2010 - 8:18pm

I Have a dog and two cats and I used to have two dogs but one died her name was Joy and she was the best dog EVER! She was so sweet and she wouldn’t dissobey at ALL!
    My other dogs name in Jack, he isn’t so obedient!
    and I have two cat’s one named Buckley and One named Patch
    I don’t know what my dog died of thoug, maybe just old age.
    I miss her lots, I wish camilla could have her own dog.

• CountryGirl on May 18th, 2010 - 9:59pm

I once found a black kitten with white ‘socks’.
    We found him in our freezing cold back yard.
    We brought it inside and named him Sox.
    He lived and was happy, but we had to fly to Alabama,(my hometown) and so we left him in the yard

• CountryGirl on May 18th, 2010 - 10:01pm

And we also once found a black baby bird.
    we brought it home and named it wally.
    We couildnt bring him to the vet because it was saturday.
    Monday morning, the morning we could take him to the vet, we found him dead in the house we built him, i cried, but i have a puppy now.

• Caitlyn on May 18th, 2010 - 10:04pm

I used to have two dogs, a rabbit, two birds, a beta fish,two hamsters. Rabbit got eaten by dogs. John the Baptist(the fish) just died and he got flushed in the toilet, the hamsters ran away under the house, and we gave the birds and the dogs away

• Caitlyn on May 18th, 2010 - 10:07pm

i once had a dog named Booger, (i know its gross name)
    One day he was running around and he got run over

• Bryleigh on May 18th, 2010 - 10:09pm

Please answer back, If you hadn’t of met your cat, would u buy one?

• 2godbglory on May 18th, 2010 - 10:12pm

I would like u all, including aio team to pray for my friend named Grace, she is not saved and lives with 4 unsaved brothers but she is my dearest friend, please pray for her!

• Anonymous on May 20th, 2010 - 5:28am

I was reading a post, don’t you dare change Edwin Blackerds voice, if you do i will stop listening forever!!

• Olivia :) on May 20th, 2010 - 8:57am

2GODBGLORY, I’ll try to pray for her when I remember.
    Before i was born, my mom was riding her car when she saw a white dog wearing a belt around her neck, and beaten up, on the side of the road. Her consiounce finally got her and she picked the poor dog up. She brought her home and showed her to my Dad, and they both took her to the vet. The veterarian said that they could either put the dog to sleep, or keep it as a pet after some surgery. It would cost a lot of money to keep her!

• Olivia :) on May 20th, 2010 - 9:00am

But they kept her anyways. They payed for her to be kept alive and to have medicine to help her. She was a beautiful white dog. And they named her Hope, because after being beaten by her old owners and choked, she still had hope. She died when I was just a little girl. I didn’t cry or anything, because I didn’t hardly know her. But now I never realized how much I miss her. :(

• Olivia :) on May 20th, 2010 - 9:00am

But she’s partying with Jesus now. Amen.

• maddie on May 23rd, 2010 - 3:51pm

That is so sad! When i was like 6 or 5 we had a little white poodle mix named Bella. One night my grandparents where visiting and my sister Emma opened the front door and Bella got out. My grandfather and my mom and my dad try to find her. The next night my mom told me and my sister that the animal shelter had found her and it would be 50 dollars to get her out.My dad did not want to pay 50 dollars to get her out so i have never seen her again. I miss her a lot.

• maddie on May 23rd, 2010 - 4:05pm

Oh, Olivia what breed was Goldie?

• olivia :) on May 24th, 2010 - 6:29pm

She was half golden retriever and half Labrador. Her skin looked like pure gold.
    That’s so sad too, Maddie! I’m so sorry!
    What did she look like?

• jayla on June 1st, 2010 - 8:30pm

now thats cool!

• Olivia on June 2nd, 2010 - 3:09pm

Oh wait. You said he was white….. Sorry…. My bad. :)

• ODDYSEY105 on June 4th, 2010 - 9:03am

Me and my little sister had a betta fish each. They both died; one down the drain, one in the bowl. We each got a goldfish next; one of them (MINE!! :() died the next day but my sister’s died later on in the month. NO MORE FISH!

• olivia :) on June 5th, 2010 - 5:24pm

Oh, I’m sorry Oddysey105. That’s sad. My sister had a fish, and we went one vacation. When we came back, all you could see of the fish was it’s skeleton. :(

• oddyseyfan on June 6th, 2010 - 10:19am

I have a cat too!!! He is called smudge and is white all over!!! I LOVE him to bits

• oddyseyfan on June 6th, 2010 - 10:24am

My sister and I had a rabbit but it was killed by a fox! I hope it is in heaven with Jesus
    God bless you
    ODDYSEYFAN
    P.S my name was Rebecca but as you can see it has changed to…

• emma1302 on June 6th, 2010 - 5:42pm

me and my sister had 4 fish 2 kissing fish and 2 glow fish. the 2 kissing fish died and then my fish died. my sister’s lived for 1 or 2 week’s and then it died :(

• AUDREY on June 9th, 2010 - 8:18pm

wow i just love Adventures in oddesy! Me and my little sister love it so much! We listen all the time. I just loved this episode i liked when they talked about all the animals that died. I LOVED THIS EPISODE AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO IT OVER AND OVER!

• mael on June 11th, 2010 - 6:50pm

I had like, 10 fish all died,at the moment I have 1 dog 1 rooster 1 hen 10 cats 1 hamster shes 2 and a half and dying, 15 lizerds that I caught and 185 toads within the last month, I call that a zoo .
    [Unfotunatly]

• mael on June 12th, 2010 - 6:41pm

Hmmm poor animals,seems most animals meet unforunate [and unusual] deaths.

• mael on June 12th, 2010 - 6:47pm

My dog in a solid black scottish terrier named Rosie.[I bought her]

[evan if i am only 11,most 12]

• mael on June 14th, 2010 - 4:44pm

my grandmother has over a hundred cats.

• Olivia on June 14th, 2010 - 5:01pm

Wow, Mael! You have a lot of animals!
    I used to have:
    two dogs, two frogs, two fish, five cats, one turtle.
    Both frogs died, along with the fish, and one of the dogs died (Goldie). And three of the cats got lost or sold. And we had to let the turtle go. :(
    We got a puppy for Christmas though and so now we have:
    Two cats and two dogs.
    Pretty sad compared to how many fish we did have, huh? But you have the most animals I’ve ever heard of, Mael! Wow!

• ABbie on June 14th, 2010 - 7:51pm

me and my sister got 2 gold fish. mine died last. her name was prinses. i loved prinses ***

• Sarahrose on June 17th, 2010 - 11:09pm

My family when I was younger, could not have a dog or a cat because our house was so small. My sisters and I really wanted a dog, but one day the neighbors on our street got a black lab puppy named Lady. Lady would be on the loose a lot and would always come over to play with my sisters and I. She loved fetched the most and she had a unique knock; she would drop her ball at the door step, announcing that she wanted to play. I thank God that he allowed us to know and play with Lady.

• puding Boy! on June 19th, 2010 - 3:47pm

YAY! The act like oddesy podcast! :)

• Olivia on June 20th, 2010 - 11:27am

That’s neat, Sarahrose.

• mael on June 21st, 2010 - 12:39pm

My hamster died on friday of stomach and eye inflamation.

[I want to perhaps be an herbolist. [How do you spell that]

• mael on June 25th, 2010 - 7:36am

Did they change Bart Rathbone’s voice?
    [Or am i just hearing things]

• Olivia on June 25th, 2010 - 3:05pm

They did, Mael. The real actor died…. or at leased, i think so.

• jason whitak on June 29th, 2010 - 10:00pm

i found the same exsact pic on google

• mael on July 2nd, 2010 - 10:52am

Pitty about Bart Rathbone.

• mael on July 7th, 2010 - 7:00pm

I very much so disfavor dislike and reject actor changes.

• leah on July 7th, 2010 - 10:09pm

that cat is very cute! God was smart when he made cats.

• olivia :) on July 10th, 2010 - 5:46pm

Everyone-
    which do you like better? Dogs or cats?
    I probably like dogs better, because their like best friends to me. But I like cats too!

• aio rox on July 22nd, 2010 - 7:53am

Olivia:) I agree with you that dogs are better than cats(no offense to people who like cats better) because I think dogs are much more energetic,loyal, alert,protective of their owners.

• aio rox on July 22nd, 2010 - 7:59am

Mael: you are like running a farm! Even my parents wouldn’t of let me have all those pets!

• MAEL on July 23rd, 2010 - 10:06am

Yeah well neither do my parents, thats why my grandmother keeps my cats and birds.I realy miss them while i’m gone.

• CaMASTHECAT on July 29th, 2010 - 4:02pm

I LOVE CATS!!!!!!! My neighbor has 3 or 4 rabbits, 3 chickens, 2 cats, and a fish. Soon they might get a cow! (Just kidding)(by the way, I agree with “Leah”.)

• amy on August 1st, 2010 - 6:57pm

Dear Alexandria,
    I have five webkinz. A horse, three poodles and a golden retriever but no cats.

• amy on August 1st, 2010 - 7:07pm

Dear Olivia:),
    I cannot decide if I like dogs or cats better. My favorite animals are horses and dolphins, but I like all animals.

• amy on August 1st, 2010 - 7:43pm

I can relate to the Parker family with their “pet curse”.
    My family had two dogs and two cats. They died. Then we got a beta fish. You’re not supposed to be able to kill beta fish. I know now that bleach can kill them, and I learned the hard way. After that we got two little frogs. A male and a female. The female got bloated up and then she died. The male died soon after. We think he died because he was lonely. We haven’t had another one since, but we are looking into getting a dog.

• olivia :) on August 5th, 2010 - 11:52am

I’m sorry about your pet troubles, Amy. That’s sad. But I know what it’s like to have a pet die.

• Mael on September 8th, 2010 - 4:30pm

Hey Olivia, I have no clue how it would be possible for me to decide what animal I like better, dogs or cats. So oh well.

• Olivia on September 10th, 2010 - 12:48pm

I love dogs because their great listeners (sometimes) and they’re so fun to play with.

I love cats because the way they react to stuff is halarius and they’re great to cuddle with.

• Mael on September 14th, 2010 - 12:50pm

How long do you think adventures in odyssey has had that theme song?

• olivia :) on September 15th, 2010 - 2:24pm

MAEL, the new one theme song or the old themesong? (I miss the old one)

• Mael on September 23rd, 2010 - 7:11am

The old theme song.

• Mael on October 2nd, 2010 - 4:13pm

Oh, good mysteries in CAUSE AND EFFECT!

• apra on October 4th, 2010 - 12:45pm

Yea I liked the old theme song.

• Olivia :) on October 8th, 2010 - 11:55am

I miss the old theme song too, Apra. I really wish they hadn’t ruined it (no offense). To tell yuo the truth, I think Odyssey is kind of going down from where it used to be. I mean, album 51 wasn’t that great. I guess because I miss the old characters, and album 51 didn’t have it’s usual education and values. I’m not sure i said that right. :) I still like Odyssey, but to tell you the truth, in this past year, I’ve grown disappointed in it. I hope there will be new changes-back!

• Olivia :) on October 8th, 2010 - 12:00pm

But I still love oddysey!!!!!!! And you guys havn’t ruined it, but I do miss the song.

• olivia :) on October 9th, 2010 - 4:58pm

I luv odyssey ! I miss the old themesong but I still luv it! :D

• Mael on October 16th, 2010 - 4:12pm

True, album 51 was not very good but 52 seems to be looking up.

• Rylee on May 3rd, 2011 - 2:50pm

My cat looks just like that… SO CUTE!!

• stormy on May 7th, 2011 - 10:55am

I have a cat just like the one in the picture! they look so much alike,only my cat,shimmer,is a boy.I have 2 cats,shimmer,and shasta.Shasta is a girl,she’s black and white,and she’s small,and both my cats are very,very,very,very cute! oh,and by the way,the site won’t play the green ring conspiracy part 9 for some reason,thanks for the help,storm.

• rachel on June 1st, 2011 - 5:34pm

Can you play the episode on here, please?

• naomi 98 on November 18th, 2013 - 10:19am

Next clue:

Cottage Cheese

Hint: The most used letter in that phrase is the name of a Biblical Queen. That is the next search..actually it wasn’t much to deciper. Sorry! It’s hard to come up with so many at the same time.