Devotional: A Thankstaking Story

November 26th, 2010

After you’ve heard “A Thankstaking Story,” check out this devotional thought. (If you haven’t heard the episode, check out the Media Player. You can also find a station in your area.)
Thanksgiving

By Bethany Brown

Around this time of year we hear a lot about being thankful. At my house, we put kernels of corn or fall leaves in a basket and name a thing that we’re thankful for. My list usually includes my mom and dad, food to eat, a house to live in, toys to play with, Adventures in Odyssey to listen to…and the list goes on. I have a lot of things to be thankful for. But the more I read my Bible and listen to Odyssey, the more I realize that I have so many things to add to my list.

The gang in Odyssey learned this lesson in “A Thankstaking Story.” All of the things they usually would usually put on their “thankful” list was gone. All they had was a cold, dark Whit’s End, a blowtorch, and some soggy ice cream. But through the zany story they told, they realized that Thanksgiving isn’t just about being thankful for “stuff.” Thanksgiving is about the love of God.

If I were stuck inside on Thanksgiving Day, I bet that I could find a lot of things to be thankful for. I could be thankful for God, for the fact that He loves me and sent us His son Jesus for me. I could be thankful that I was able to pray and talk to God whenever I want. And I could thank God that I can live as His child.

Even though it’s easier to be thankful when we have lots of things, we can be thankful anytime. Even the evil Scrunch realized that. When the Magloos were praying, Thanksgiving was still happening! It was happening in their hearts.

What “stuff” are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? What has God done for you that no one can take away, even if all your stuff is gone? Tell us about it in the comments below!

136 Comments on “Devotional: A Thankstaking Story”

• Anonymous on November 27th, 2010 - 10:05am

good harlow doyle is back.

• Abbie on November 27th, 2010 - 10:55am

WOW. this episode, is, like, my favorite!!! I had forgotten how much musical talent Odyssey had! I do think, though, Rodney would’ve been better. I almost found myself listening to one of the old episodes! I am thankful for AIO, my family, my buddies (group of toddlers at my church), and that I’m a Christian! I think AIO is beginning to get back to normal. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! :D

• Joe B on November 27th, 2010 - 11:25am

LOL this reminds me of the Grinch who Stole Christmas…

As for Thanksgiving… i’m thankful for a Family that loves me, for new friends, for my school, for life, and most of all for Jesus Christ and his blessings!

• Sydni on November 27th, 2010 - 12:50pm

Horaay! Im the first one to comment!!!!!

• Barbie on November 27th, 2010 - 12:54pm

I actually liked this episode, too!

• Mimmi on November 27th, 2010 - 12:58pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Though I, as a Canadian have Thanksgiving in November, Happy Thanksgiving anyways!! Today the snow is falling and it is beautiful!!!

• Anonymous on November 27th, 2010 - 2:57pm

I didn’t like it. I thought it was the one where Whit was a boy and he became a christian then “bla” Dumb new one with singing! Can you believe it that’s little tiny baby I’m not a baby I’m a preteen not some Twinkle Twinkle Little Star baby

• Brttini on November 27th, 2010 - 6:01pm

THe Lord Has Giving me my salvation, and NO one can take that away I’m Thankful 4 my
    Jesus
    Church
    Bible
    Adventures In Odyssey

• Brttini on November 27th, 2010 - 7:09pm

My Review For A Thanksgiving Story:
    Liked: Mentioned Katrina, Song, beginning (it sounded more like an old Odyssey), Whit (He sounded normal),
    Dislikes: NOTHING

Final 11/10 LOVED IT

• fumiko on November 27th, 2010 - 8:52pm

A Thankstaking Story has got to be the most musical A.I.O. Episode ever, It was really different and fun. :D

• KAFARA on November 27th, 2010 - 9:07pm

At first, I thought this episode was going to be boring, but when the story got going, it was actually funny. I really like whenever they were singing and when Eugene plays the uekelale. The small things that are funny had just a hilarious little flare.

• an A.I.O. FA on November 27th, 2010 - 9:09pm

I didn’t really like this episode that much,I have to admit.I can’t believe I’m saying that,since I rarely ever dislike an Odyssey episode.I didn’t hear all of it,but it just seemed kinda silly.Although I guess those are okey once in a while,especially if they’re aimed more for the yonger listeners.It did have a positive message though,and I liked that much about it.You realize that all the things you ever wanted were really what you already have.The bad part about that is that we usaully…

• an A.I.O. FA on November 27th, 2010 - 9:20pm

don’t realize it until we don’t have it anymore.In most cases this would be people.Those brothers and sisters who seem to be so annoying are the greatest thing we could possibly want(yeah I know it doesn’t seem like it some times…or a LOT of the times).And those parents who seem to be getting on your case for every little thing…that’s just you!God gave you the parents he did for a reason.And they really do know what’s best for you (do I get a roll of the eyes?).Yes,I’m not saying all…

• an A.I.O. FA on November 27th, 2010 - 9:23pm

people are like that but a lot of people are.I’m a kid,too,but I think we have so much to be thankful for.
    Happy Thanksgiving all you Odyssey fans!

• thankful on November 28th, 2010 - 10:38am

one of the things i am thankful for is being home scooled

• Mael on November 28th, 2010 - 11:49am

This one was alright……but I got rather confused.
    Connie’s part was funny though and I never imagined Eugene would be an abominable turkey!

• anna on November 28th, 2010 - 11:59am

Thankful,
    I’m home schooled, too! Go figure!
    -Anna

• hannah on November 28th, 2010 - 12:20pm

I’m thankful that I’m home schooled, for my wonderful parents, and my five brothers and sisters. Most of all, I’m thankful for my salvation from Jesus Christ!
    I’m also so thankful for Adventures in Odyssey! :)

• Mg on November 28th, 2010 - 12:53pm

As a comment to ‘THANKFUL’ I want to say I am thankful that the school I go to is a church school!

• :( on November 28th, 2010 - 1:22pm

I’m very DISAPPOINTED. Harlow only had about 5 lines! Harlow is one of my favorite characters. I wish you would do A LOT more epsisodes with him.

• Joshua on November 28th, 2010 - 2:45pm

Hey Thankful,
    I’m like you, I’m also thankful I am home schooled :)

• Odyssey whiz on November 28th, 2010 - 3:40pm

I’m Thankful for my beautiful puppy!

• AIOKID on November 28th, 2010 - 3:41pm

Me too

• HUGE FAN on November 28th, 2010 - 3:43pm

I’m home schooled too and I’m thankful for it.

• ftu on November 28th, 2010 - 4:13pm

I’m thankful for everything, the good and the bad. Without the bad, how would we know what was good? I’m also thankful for C.S.Lewis, who allowed God to work through him and write the Chronicles of Narnia, my favorite book series.
    FearTheUnknown

• ari on November 28th, 2010 - 4:26pm

one of the things i’m thankful for is the wonderful music on this episode

• Sarah on November 28th, 2010 - 4:32pm

same here. (about being homeschooled) also for my wonderful siblings who I am so close with and my parents who have taught me so much.

• taliax177 on November 28th, 2010 - 4:40pm

That’s a funny episode! But it is my least favorite out of all the Cause and Effect episodes. I keep wondering about album 53…

• JORDYN on November 28th, 2010 - 5:10pm

Dear Odyssey,
    I seem to draw a line between album 50 and album 51, with anything before album fifty being the old odyssey, and album 51 and 52 (and anything after) being the new odyssey.I used to really like listening to odyssey but after album 50 it’s like something is missing from the new adventures. part of it may be that i’m older now (I started listening to aio when i was about 6, I;m almost 15) but I think you guys could do a better job. Not that all your episodes are bad, I really cont.

• JORDYN on November 28th, 2010 - 5:13pm

liked some episodes, square one, wootons broken pencil show and the jubilee singers but in most episodes it seems like something is missing.

I’m sorry if this sounds rude, but i just want odyssey to know so they can do a better job in the future!!

by the way, I really like these devotionals

• katherine on November 28th, 2010 - 5:58pm

I really liked this one! I thought it was really creative about Scrunch. I am thankful for music!(plus my family,theatre,books,cold weather…)

• Mael on November 28th, 2010 - 7:04pm

WOW! Love the bad news song.

• calvin on November 28th, 2010 - 7:22pm

I am thankful for air-conditioning and food and water and restaurants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Odysseyfan#1 on November 28th, 2010 - 10:57pm

I got to go to the Creation Museum in Kentucky last week, and we went to the planetarium. and the Narrator was no one other than – Paul Herlinger! It made the planetarium awesome!

• taliax177 on November 29th, 2010 - 9:36am

Rock-o-Ages, if you read this please relpy. Then I’ll reply back. Cool episode, but I like Wooton’s Broken Pencil Show better.

TaliaX177 *the guitar player*

• Mael on November 29th, 2010 - 9:37am

I know I didn’t really like this one earlier but it’s starting to grow on me.

• meme on November 29th, 2010 - 10:57am

me to.

• Odysseyfan#1 on November 29th, 2010 - 11:54am

We went to my cousins for thanksgiving. Us kids played a game during dinner where we went around the table. the first person named something starting with “A” to be thankful for. the next person B, than C, etc.!

• Chiefs fan on November 29th, 2010 - 12:28pm

I’m thankful for being homeschooled and that the Chiefs are playing better!

• Wooten rocks on November 29th, 2010 - 1:35pm

i am thankful for my friends and AIO. it is such a blessing to be able to listen to it and learn a lot. i really liked a thank taking except for the singing of the good news song at the beginning. however i did like the bad guys song! keep at it these episodes are great!!:)

• kid on November 29th, 2010 - 2:08pm

I am thankful for being homeschooled too.

• an A.I.O. FA on November 29th, 2010 - 3:12pm

hey, thankful, you are homeschooled?that is so awesome! Me, too, as well as my six siblings.That is a great thing to be thankful for.
    This episode was rather..strange, to put it plainly.Kinda…nervewracking.But that might have been cause I was peeling and smashing squash.The radio was blasting and, though I usually like it that way during Odyssey time…not this time.Although I did get a kick out of the word “thankstaking”. My little brother did too.He stopped drying dishes to laugh out loud.

• Lydia A. on November 29th, 2010 - 3:12pm

There are so many things I am thankful for I couldn’t even name them all. A couple things that I am thankful for is my friends, Jesus dying for me, the Bible Club I work with, and my church.

• brooke on November 29th, 2010 - 3:51pm

thankful:me too

• A.J.S on November 29th, 2010 - 4:23pm

hey i can’t listen on FOCUS ON THE FAMILY any more.HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP PLEASE.

• Guineapigman on November 29th, 2010 - 5:46pm

I think it would be awesome if the podcast did a behind the scenes podcast of how they make the podcast and stuff. Did that make any sense? :-) That would be so cool.

• Kaytee on November 29th, 2010 - 8:42pm

I am homeschooled as well!!! haha! I have been my entire life and I am 13 now.

• THANKFUL2 on November 29th, 2010 - 9:30pm

i AM ALSO THANKFUL FOR BEING HOMESCHOOLED!AND FOR KNOWING THAT GOD LOVES ME!

• bridget on November 29th, 2010 - 9:37pm

That’s cool. I am home schooled too. I just came home from colorado springs. We visted my grandpa and grampa. We also went to the Focus on the Family campus. It was really exciting! I learned a lot about being thankful this Thanksgiving. Going to CO from ID was going to take 14 hours. Well…it took my family of 9 over 48 hours. Because of the weather and lot’s of car trouble. Last Thur. we were stuck in Laramie, Wyoming at a hotel without food and without a car that would run. We were blessed..

• bridget on November 29th, 2010 - 9:43pm

with people helping us along the way. When we thought we would be eating vending machine food, our relatives surprised us with a turkey dinner. They had traveled all day and got a room at our hotel. It was one of the best Thanksgiving days I have had. It is just proof that God was protecting us and helping us along the way. He is truelly an amazing God and we definitly have a lot to be thankful for!

• hannah.s on November 29th, 2010 - 10:42pm

no way i’m home schooled and have 5 siblings and i’m saved to and love adventures in odyssey how do we have so much in commen mine name’s hannah 2 there is just no way!!!!!!!!!!!how do these things happen!!!

• Mercy on November 30th, 2010 - 9:30am

We all have so much to be thankful!!! We don’t have to have food but that is one of the best parts. I’m so thankful for every blessing! Like Eugene sang everyday is Thanksgiving!

• deanna on November 30th, 2010 - 10:41am

Hey! I never posted a comment that was only the second one before:) Hey, Thankful I’m Home-schooled too! I think it’s nice. Also, I guess I never realized it before, but this Thanksgiving I really have ALOT to be thankful for. I am thankful for AIO, as well as my family and many close friends. Thanks be to God for how wonderful He has been to me!!!

• mitchel on November 30th, 2010 - 11:52am

I’m thankful for my home. Home school rocks

• JEN on November 30th, 2010 - 2:21pm

One thing I am thankful for is my family. :) I am also thankful for the Christain schools that God has provided.I have listend to every adventures and Odessey episode! So this is what I am thankful for! :)

AGE:11

• HUGE FAN on November 30th, 2010 - 3:13pm

I’m a softball player,and I’m thankful that I’m from my home town.

age:9

• hannah on November 30th, 2010 - 4:33pm

That is really neat Hannah.S! I think that it is really cool when people have that much in common! :) I’m the oldest in my family, what about you?

• anna on November 30th, 2010 - 5:41pm

So many home schoolers!!! :-)

• ari on November 30th, 2010 - 9:01pm

It seems like a kids on here are homeschooled. That’s so neat! I am too. It’s one of the biggest blessings in my life to be homeschooled. I LOVE IT AND WOULDN’T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE!!! PRAISE GOD!!! :) :)
    Lady Airwrenhill

• loryn on November 30th, 2010 - 11:04pm

I am thankful that we got to go to the beach for thanksgiving:-) some people might think it would be cold but it was the perfect temperature:-) Soooo much fun!!! :-) Aio is AWESOME!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

• loryn on November 30th, 2010 - 11:06pm

I agree with Anna.. I didn’t realize how many homeschoolers there were! Wow! :-)

• Aio!!!!!!!!! on November 30th, 2010 - 11:08pm

I had a great time for thanksgiving!!!!

• loryn on November 30th, 2010 - 11:10pm

Katee: I have been either homeschooled or private schooled my entire life and i am 13 also!! weird :-) lol

• taliax177 on December 1st, 2010 - 8:28am

ROA, 34th comment from the top. Read it please.

• J.R.C on December 1st, 2010 - 11:18am

I’m thankful for a wonderful church, and for being home schooled.

• Caity on December 1st, 2010 - 1:44pm

Well, I thought that this episode was pretty good, but I also agree with the other people who said that aoi is missing something. I liked a couple of the episodes but they just seem different. It kind of reminds me of the episode where Whit changes a lot of stuff at Whit’s End. I loved aoi, but it seems like everything is changing. I miss all of the old characters. We were getting to know the Washingtons and other families. I loved all of them. PS: I loved it when I was homeschooled!

• mael on December 1st, 2010 - 2:33pm

I’m homeschooled too!

• Stevie on December 1st, 2010 - 3:22pm

Bridget did that really happen? How was your trip? Cannot believe it! :D Glad your here!!!!!! :D

Stevie

• Odyssyfan#2 on December 1st, 2010 - 5:41pm

I, like “AN A.I.O FAN”,thought it was a little strange, but good anough to make it on the air. keep it up AIO!! :) :) :) :) :p

• Abbie on December 2nd, 2010 - 9:55am

I’m thankful that I’m Homeschool!!

• Aria CleVER on December 2nd, 2010 - 10:36am

I’m thankful for food especially punkin pie and sweet potato pie but most of all i’m thankful for the mercy god gave us when he sent his one and only beloved son to DIE for us.

Sincerely

• Aria CleVER on December 2nd, 2010 - 10:38am

Hey sarah i am homeschooled to!

• Aria CleVER on December 2nd, 2010 - 10:39am

I am soooooooooooooo thankful that i am homeschoold even though it sometimes cuts me off from the real world.

• Aria CleVER on December 2nd, 2010 - 10:40am

i am home schooled i am home schooled i am homeschooled and i am soooooooooooo happy!

• Aria CleVER on December 2nd, 2010 - 10:41am

hey the timing in my last few notes is the same! weird!

• Aria CleVER on December 2nd, 2010 - 10:42am

awsome! oh and i love adventures in oddessey!i am at home!

• Aria CleVER on December 2nd, 2010 - 10:43am

cool this will be the breaker that episode wa sso totally FUNNY!

• alina on December 3rd, 2010 - 3:05pm

i liked the song and the episode and everything! i have to say-i’m still kinda juvenile!!-hehehehehe lol :D but, not that much!

• binderdundat on December 3rd, 2010 - 6:07pm

the people at odyssey obviously haven’t used a blow torch to warm themselves before. you could seriously hurt yourself that way.

• An aio fan on December 3rd, 2010 - 8:07pm

Hannah,Anna,Thankful,Joshua,Huge Fan,Ari,Sarah,Kaytee,Deana,Thankful2,Bridget,Hannah S.,
    JRC,Mael,Abbie,Aria Clever, I’m homeschooled too!Is there anyone here who isn’t?

Oddyseyfan#1,my family just went to the Creation Museum in Kentucky in Sept. for our vacation.We went to the planetarium,too.We were like,”That’s Mr.Whittaker!”

• loryn on December 3rd, 2010 - 9:17pm

I liked the Song “bad news” it was funny:-) It was a good episode:-)

• JORDYN on December 4th, 2010 - 10:31am

Homeschooled!

• Alina on December 4th, 2010 - 2:56pm

WoW! it’s like i’m the only one who’s NOT homeschooled..

• capa girl on December 5th, 2010 - 11:03am

I’m homeschooled too!

• Rock-o-ages on December 5th, 2010 - 4:40pm

@ Taliax177:

Sorry for not responding earlier! Friday was jammed packed for me, and saturdays are family days so I don’t get on the computer much.

And I liked the Thanksgiving Episode a whole bunch! The part where Jay’s character started shouting, “Rue the day!” was hilarous! It made me LOL!

Why do you say it’s your least favorite of Album 52? I think that “Square One” and “Stage Freight” are my 2 favs right now.
    Continued….

• Rock-o-ages on December 5th, 2010 - 4:45pm

Continued from last post:

@ Taliax177:

I’ve heard a bit about Album 53, and I’m definantly getting excited about it!

Wooton’s broken pencil show was definantly hilarious! I enjoyed having Captain Absolutley back in action. And I thought the fight scene was very funny!

Roa
    P.s. I’ve probably said this before, but I play guitar too! :D

• Rock-o-ages on December 5th, 2010 - 4:46pm

@ AIO Team:

Great job on another great episode! :D
    Loved them all from album 52 so far! Keep up the great work! God Bless!
    Roa

• Whitehorse on December 5th, 2010 - 9:47pm

I loved this episode! I listened to it several times. I loved the songs, and I recognized at least one thing from an old movie. There is one scene where you can hear The Abominable turkey saying “Light the lamp, not the Turkey! Light the lamp, not the Turkey!” And I thought it sounded familar. It was from A Muppet Christams carol, at least tha tis where I heard it, when Rizzo says “Light the lamp, not the rat! Light the lamp, not the rat!”. I just thought that was an interesting fact.

• katie on December 6th, 2010 - 12:59pm

I am home-schooled also, and I am thankful for everything in my life!

• Whitehorse on December 6th, 2010 - 10:03pm

I’m homeschooled as well! And recently we also went to the Creation Mueseum, and we went to the planetarium, and throughthe whole show, I was like “Hmm, that voice sounds like Whit!” And then at the end when Isaw the credits, it was Paul Herlinger! That was really cool, hearing him on that show. I am thankful for many things, including my new dog, and my family.

• Odyssey Whiz on December 7th, 2010 - 4:04pm

I’m Homeschooled to!!!!!!!!!

• HUGE FAN on December 8th, 2010 - 5:01pm

I’m unhappy that my kitten died on 10/22/10.

• HUGE FAN on December 8th, 2010 - 5:03pm

I love homeschooling kids.

• OREGon girl on December 9th, 2010 - 10:57am

I am thankful for Jesus Christ dying for my sins so that i can be saved!!

• OREGon girl on December 9th, 2010 - 10:58am

I am also homeschooled!

• bridget on December 10th, 2010 - 5:39pm

Jordyn, I totally agree. I feels like domething is missing. It might be the new Whit; I don’t know. I just don’t quite feel that old odyssey vibe when I lesson anymore.

• bridget on December 10th, 2010 - 5:41pm

Stevie!!!! I miss you so much!!!! Yes it really happened. It was crazy!!! We have to get together over Christmas break!!!

• bridget on December 10th, 2010 - 5:42pm

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is out!!!! I am sooooooo excited!!!!

• me on December 13th, 2010 - 3:08pm

Yep I’m homeschooled too…
    Where in the world has Katrina been????? she was like such a good addition to the show! If anyone agrees, please comment so.

• News on December 14th, 2010 - 9:39pm

The writers have said in a Podcast episode that Katrina WILL
    return in album 53! and so will THE OTHER old characters.

The reason the old characters aren’t in the episodes now is
    because they just can’t show up like:

“Hey, Whit! Uhhhh….. (so now what do I do for the rest of the episode?)”

• News on December 14th, 2010 - 9:40pm

The writers have said in a Podcast episode that Katrina WILL
    return in album 53! and so will THE OTHER old characters (in the future). Just because the characters are not there right now
    doesn’t mean they’re gone forever! :)

The reason the old characters aren’t in the episodes now is
    because they just can’t show up like:

“Hey, Whit! Uhhhh….. (so now what do I do for the rest of the episode?)”

• sarah on December 16th, 2010 - 9:58am

I’m homeschooled too
    and agree with ME.

• Anonymous on December 16th, 2010 - 1:14pm

square one emily’s 5 steps 1 flattery 2 bribery 3 bribery 4 speech 5 blackmail that’s all im saying

• aio lover on December 16th, 2010 - 4:56pm

great episode aio bye the way hi harlow

• aio lover on December 16th, 2010 - 4:58pm

where is katrina i also like her

• taliax177 on December 17th, 2010 - 8:38am

So what if “The Voyage of the Dawn Treader” is out? I mean, I want to see it to see if they corrupted that one as much as they did “Prince Caspian”! I’ve read all the books and Prince Caspian was way wrong. They skipped like the whole first part and replaced it with something in the middle that didn’t even happen! So I want to see this new movie to see of they messed it up just as bad. From the trailors I’ve seen, they have messed it up some.

Satrianifreak/TX177

• someone on December 17th, 2010 - 1:08pm

I’m thankful that I’m homeschooled to

• HANNAH.S on December 20th, 2010 - 12:39am

sorry it took me so long to answer your qustion HANNAH but i do not read the posts much i am the middle child of 6 i like soccer and softball how about you HANNAH

• stevie on December 20th, 2010 - 9:01pm

Taliax177 I felt the same way, but I am one of the biggest narnia fans you can find and I just had to see the Dawn Treader, just for kicks. Its fun to make fun of it. :D I saw it and it was pretty enjoyable. You can just watch it for kicks thats all. Caspian was totally wrong, but it the Dawn Treader it has some amazing acting, mainly by Lucy and Eustace. Watch it for fun if you want.
    Stevie

• Hannah K on December 21st, 2010 - 9:44am

Thats totally fine Hannah S! Thats neat that you’re middle of 6! My sister Leah is the middle of our 6 and she is almost 10. I am 13. My birthday is August 31st. How old are you? I like soccer :),sewing and cooking. As well as watching my almost 12 and almost 8 year old brothers baseball games! :) I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. How many sister (s) and brother (s) do you have?
    Merry Christmas!
    Hannah K. :)
    P.s I live in Pennsylvania. Where do you live?

• Hannah K on December 22nd, 2010 - 2:37pm

Hi Hannah! That is totally fine! I like soccer, reading, sewing and cooking. As well as watching my almost 12 year old brother and almost 8 year old brother play baseball!
    I’m 13 years old. How old are you? I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers.
    Thanks for responding!
    Hannah K.
    P.s I live in Pa.

• ari on January 13th, 2011 - 7:57pm

Hey, I’m home-schooled. Seems like there’s a lot of home-schoolers who listen to AIO. I’ve noticed alot of personal info going out on here. Guys, we should rein back a little. Anyone can read these comments. Anyone. We should be a little more discreet on what we post on here. Not that it’s wrong to have fun and meet new people, or chat with friends, but I’m a bit alarmed with some of the stuff I’m reading that some of you have said. Just try to be careful, okay?
    Lady Airwrenhill

• Kat on January 21st, 2011 - 11:08pm

I am really gratefull I’m homeschooled. When I hear other kids talking about how much homework they get, or how mean their teacher is, or how their bus driver yells @ everyone, it makes me really glad that I’m being taught by my mom, who cares about me and my education. When the other kids try to “convince” me that their school is “awesome” and that I should go to their school I always say “thanks, but I like being homeschooled.”

• Kat on January 21st, 2011 - 11:16pm

Taliax177, the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie was alot different from the books, but I think that the changes were for the better. Because, if you think about it, the book didn’t have much back-bone to it.I don’tmean to criticize c.s lewis, he is 1 of the best authors ever, but, kids from our world only get called to Narnia in times of crisis. What was the crisis? i know it was valiant of them to rescue the seven lords, but it’s not like Narnia was in serious trouble because of their absence.

• Kat on January 21st, 2011 - 11:20pm

I think that the movie portrayed more of what Narnia is about: good vs. evil. Don’t get me wrong, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is a great work of literature, but I think the movie made a masterpeice even better (if that’s possible =) What do you think? have you seen the movie yet? If so, do you agree with me????

• Stevie on February 1st, 2011 - 7:43am

Hi Kat, I agree with your point about V.D.T not having much back bone, just a lot of stories thrown together, however the movie was a tad dark. I was sad to see it. L.W.W was spot on with the book and then Caspian got slightly darker and now V.D.T is even more dark. However that is only my opion. About schooling, I attend a Private Christian School, and it is one of the best choices of my life. The school is so small and it feels like a family. It is K through 12 and in the upper school

• Sheyenne on February 15th, 2011 - 4:56pm

Is it true? is eugene really married? I had NO idea!!!
    I haven’t heard that episode yet! if the odyssey members
    are reading this,PLEASE,will you put that episode on this site! I would really appreciate it!thank you!

• Anonymous on March 9th, 2011 - 7:34am

I love this episode!!!

• odyssey 5 on March 23rd, 2011 - 11:12am

I love the Grinch. His voice is hillarious!

• RKC on June 16th, 2011 - 9:51am

Taliax 177, I agree with you about PC. Yes, they did manage to corrupt VDT even more. Kat, you said that children were only brought to Narnia during crises, but this isn’t true. Aslan brought the Pevensies (and Eustace) to Narnia not in order to save it, but for their own betterment. If all He wanted was to save Narnia, He could have done so quite easily on His own. (He is the High King above all high kings, after all.) At the end of VDT, Aslan tells Edmund and Lucy that… (cont’d.)

• RKC on June 16th, 2011 - 9:57am

“This was the very reason you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.” I have read all of the Chronicles literally dozens of times and practically memorized them, and I have never gotten the impression that Aslan was weak enough that He couldn’t save Narnia without the help of children from our world. Rather, He chose to allow them to participate in His plan. In the same way, God, although He is powerful enough to accomplish anything (cont’d)

• RKC on June 16th, 2011 - 10:10am

on His own, often chooses to work through humans. Besides, even if they felt that VDT was so awful that they had to replace it with their own entirely new plot, the Mistical Green Mist of Temptation was somewhat cheesy. I am sorry if anything in here sounds angry or offensive; that was not my purpose. In case anyone has not noticed, I am obsessed with the Chronicles of Narnia (I can recite the first 5 pages of VDT because I’ve read it so often), and I am not at all im?? ?sed with PC&VDT movies.

• RKC on June 16th, 2011 - 10:31am

I agree with Jordyn, Caity, Bridget, and anyone else who said that AIO is often missing something these days. I feel like they have, in general, switched from “Take a Biblical lesson and teach it via story-telling” to “Make a really fast-paced story with an exciting plot and then find a Biblical lesson to tack on the end of it.” The first episode, Whit’s Flop, was entirely dedicated to teaching a Biblical perspective of failure. Now, we have Secret Service agents and danger and (cont’d)

• RKC on June 16th, 2011 - 10:32am

all sorts of other thrilling plot lines. I have nothing against these, but I feel as though they have begun to take precedence over teaching Biblical lessons.

• Jack on November 14th, 2011 - 11:44am

Wanting to download “Thanks Taking Story” to use in Sundy School class is there a way I can down load it?? Thanks Jack

• For Narnia! on December 11th, 2011 - 8:01am

I love this episode!

• savannah on February 21st, 2012 - 7:19pm

im thankful for living for god

• abigail hami on November 30th, 2012 - 10:00am

i toally am in love adventures in odyssey i live on the grand bhahama island and i have already interdust 7 diffrent people to adventures in odyssey asome ha ha ha no joke i do ive you know
    where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jacob on June 18th, 2013 - 1:09pm

Hey

• Jacob on June 18th, 2013 - 1:11pm

I like odyssey

• Sports kid on October 25th, 2013 - 11:11am

This is the home of the the movie club! Who is excited?

• Sis of sk on October 26th, 2013 - 10:16am

Maybe we should do more adds.

• Flyingrider on October 26th, 2013 - 10:23am

I am! Can i join?

• Flyingrider on October 28th, 2013 - 7:38am

Hello anyone there?

• stormshadow on March 6th, 2014 - 10:45am

is your name off of the DC comics character? nightwing

your friend
    stormshadow

• flyingrider on June 25th, 2014 - 9:58am

U talkin to me? i have no idea if it is its from like tangled.