Devotional: An Agreeable Nanny

December 3rd, 2010

After you’ve heard “An Agreeable Nanny,” check out this devotional thought. (If you haven’t heard the episode, check out the Media Player. You can also find a station in your area.)

Empty

By Ashley Padgett

I’m not the most punctual of persons, meaning I’m usually running late. So when I started college it was not unusual for me to be running out the door with just a few minutes to get to class. One typical day I was rushing to class when I realized that the main road I had to take was under construction, and traffic was backed way up! So, I sat there, praying that traffic would move so I wouldn’t be late for class, when suddenly, my car made a “putt, putt, putt” noise and…stopped. I tried to restart it. Nothing. I looked at the gas gage. Empty. Wonderful, now I was stuck in the middle of the road, blocking traffic, and I couldn’t do anything about it. Holding back tears of frustration I dug in my purse for my cell phone, intending to call my dad, just a few minutes away, to come and help me. I dug and dug, no cell phone! That’s when I remembered that I’d forgotten to put it away after using it last. Now the tears did come. I was stuck! What was I supposed to do?

Thankfully, a few of the construction men came over and helped me; they pushed my car out of traffic, and also let me borrow a phone so I could call my dad. In the ten minutes it took for my dad to get there, I sat in my car remembering all the times my parents told me to be sure I allowed plenty of time to get to class, to always have enough gas in my car, to remember my cell phone. Of course I was ready for, and fully deserved the words my dad laughingly (and lovingly) said when he finally arrived: “I told you so”. He had told me so, but I hadn’t listened, thinking I was responsible enough to worry about all those things myself.

Well, I learned a lot that day, 1) always make sure I have gas in my car, 2) construction men are very helpful, and 3) my parents are very smart people. I thought I could take on all that responsibility and do things my own way, but my parents knew (and still know!) better than I do. When they let me do things like drive the car, they expect me to honor that responsibility and not abuse it by letting the gas get too low.

Responsibility is important, like the Parker kids learned in “An Agreeable Nanny.” They thought they were ready for more responsibility, but when they got the opportunity to prove it, they made mistakes. We may think we’re ready to handle more responsibility, but our parents know better than we do. They know how much we can really handle. And when they give us a little more responsibility, it’s up to us to prove that they made the right choice!

What are some situations where your parents have given you responsibility? How did you handle those situations? Share your comments below!

116 Comments on “Devotional: An Agreeable Nanny”

• annomonous on December 4th, 2010 - 8:07am

I just love the agreeable nanny, I like the moral to it too. I just thought up another good moral to it:

“Your sins will find you out.”

Thank you for the show and every show that you made.

• me on December 4th, 2010 - 9:49am

I Really liked this episode!!!! They are starting to sound more like the old odysseys. Though I really like Album 52 I miss alot of the old characters

• loryn on December 4th, 2010 - 9:58am

I really liked this episode! I liked the english accent she had! Do they really eat things like BLACK PUDDING?! If they do then… YUCK! Or was the nanny maria just joking with them?lol… I think that this is one of the best episode’s out of album 52! I do miss the old charactors a whole lot but the episode’s are getting better. I guess we will all get used to them in time. Just keep doing your best! AIO is awesome! :-)

• AIO #1 fAN on December 4th, 2010 - 10:05am

This episode is pretty good compared to the others. I just hope that we will get some old charactors back! i really miss the old charactors! I miss them so bad i even miss rodney… rodney is a better bad guy than vance i do beleive! Just do what u can AIO! Im countin on ya:-)

• mael on December 4th, 2010 - 10:07am

Did I get in first? In this broadcast Olivia sounded younger than Camilla. What’s up with that? Nice. Love the accent. Very…….unique.

• loryn on December 4th, 2010 - 10:10am

I had some of that bannana stuff once and it was good! but we dont call blotnos nochos fritos or whatever they called it lol:-)( i dont know how to spell it lol) AIO!!!:-)

• Renee on December 4th, 2010 - 12:37pm

Very funny episode. We let our dog “pre-wash” the pots and pans,it works quite well.

Great twist at the end with Maria turning out to be American. I was thinking through several places in the episode that British teenagers/youth don’t really talk like that. :P

• JACI on December 4th, 2010 - 12:39pm

My name is Jaci.I have been listing to Adventures in Odyss- ey all my life, so has my older brother Michael and my oldest brother Mark anthony.I’m 9 years old,Michael’s 11 and Mark anthony is 16! Michael gets Clubhouse and I get Clubhouse jr.I’m sorry about Paul Herlinger.

You’r No.1 FAN
    Jaci

• An AIO fan on December 4th, 2010 - 1:19pm

I really liked this episode!It has everything your looking for in a good Odyssey show.Humor,it revolved around the kids which makes it easier for us young people to relate with the characters,and it had a good message!It was a little chaotic and unrealistic.Or was it unrealistic?I don’t know!When my parents go out we play Wii,read,and that kind of stuff.We don’t have a dog.I feel bad for the Parker kids cause the don’t either.And no wonder!:D

• aio listener on December 4th, 2010 - 1:20pm

I absolutely loved this episode! My siblings, my dad, and I were raking up wood scraps in the early morning cold as we listened. The adventure was one thing that kept us working!
    My siblings and I were so excited that in the end, Maria told the Parker kids that her real name was Charlotte, and that her British accent had been fake.When she used her real voice, we were like, “you can tell that’s Mindy from the network!” (we did listen to the official podcast, and Bolt just happens to be one…

• Kimberly! on December 4th, 2010 - 1:27pm

Oh! What a good episode! Love it! I love the way Camelia screams. (she’s so cute!) Maria, nice accent. :) Keep it going Odyssey! :)

• aio listener on December 4th, 2010 - 1:28pm

of my favorite cartoon movies) You did an awesome job, Kari Whalgren!I have to say, I like you much better as Maria in An Agreeable Nanny than Gloria in the Camp-what-a-nut episode. You are a great actress, and so far, I’ve never heard anyone who can fake a british accent better than you can.
    I love the episodes with families, such as the Parkers and the Washingtons. I absolutely love the humor cause it so applies to my family.
    I hope all the coming episodes are as good as this one, and I…

• aio listener on December 4th, 2010 - 1:31pm

REALLY, REALLY hope these new episodes are far from being over.I don’t want to go back to listening to old episodes!Not yet! Keep these new ones coming. My entire family looks forward to every Saturday and the Parkers!

• fumiko on December 4th, 2010 - 1:37pm

Wish everybody knew that.

• Anonymous on December 4th, 2010 - 1:58pm

i do not like the parker family at all.

• Alina on December 4th, 2010 - 3:03pm

WOW! This episode was waaaay too chaotic! i didn’t like it very much.. :( and i didn’t really understand the point of the nanny being an actress and sounding like she was from Britain. I think that the kids in Odyssey have changed. It seems to me that they aren’t ‘christian’ anymore (in the older episodes the kids sounded more like they were into christianity, in the new episodes it’s like the whole belief of christianity just went down the drain. too sad) ……..continued….

• Alina on December 4th, 2010 - 3:08pm

……….continued…. Also, Mr. Whittaker has changed a lot!I mean, besides the fact that his voice changed, his character seemed to change. He doesn’t sound like the type of person who i would want to go up to and ask questions about God and stuff; in older episodes the kids asked him questions and he talked about the answer. Also, he was more of a loving grandfather-ly- type of guy in older episodes…………. continued…….

• Alina on December 4th, 2010 - 3:12pm

………continued….. now he seems like an average man who doesn’t really seem to care as much, and it doesn’t seem that his belief in God is what matters the most to him, anymore. Whit seems to me like a person who has lost his first love to/with God in these newer episodes… I would love to have the grandfather-ly- John Avery Whittaker back! He was a person who i would trust on his wisdom and talk to him whenever i would need to; now he’s just the opposite to me……..continued………..

• Alina on December 4th, 2010 - 3:17pm

……continued…….. Everyone has changed. Whit, Connie, Eugene, etc.etc. The only person who hasn’t changed that i’ve noticed is Wooton! He’s still the same old Wooton Bassett. But, Connie doesn’t seem as much into God as she used to-the same with Eugene. AIO characters have lost their first love to/with GOD. :( i am sorry to anyone who i have offended or anything, but, this is how i truly feel….if i were a parent i wouldn’t feel like i would allow my child to listen to AIO anymore.-ALINA

• trevor on December 4th, 2010 - 9:07pm

That was a great example. Sorry about the bad luck. That must have been rough but I can see how your dad found it funny too. haha

• Lauren on December 5th, 2010 - 6:16am

Hi! I really loved the Agreeable Nanny! It reminded me a lot of Mary Poppins, which is one of my favorite Disney movies! When Maria referenced a Spoonful of Sugar and said Spit spot, I was very happy! I hope she comes back again! The Parkers are my favorite family in the new AIO season! Olivia is my favorite next to Mathew and I like their parents a lot too!
    I hope we hear more from Maria in the future!
    God bless

• nick on December 5th, 2010 - 9:49am

We had a dog and i did not listen to my dad when are dog got out and i got him and he ran and i broke my arm so always listen to your parents Thay always no whats best and if you do not you will be in big trouble

• Charlotte on December 5th, 2010 - 1:18pm

I love this episode, it’s funny how Maria (or Charlotte) said “What is that, a horse?” And I would hate to be in a banana fight!

• veitnom on December 5th, 2010 - 3:02pm

nice story i thinck it willhelp me!

• Giana on December 5th, 2010 - 8:43pm

Love it!

• blueberrypat on December 6th, 2010 - 6:44am

Love your show, thank you.

• Odyssyfan#2 on December 6th, 2010 - 3:17pm

I thought it was a hilarious episode! ;)

• Hannah K. on December 6th, 2010 - 4:39pm

Hi Alina!
    I agree with you that Odyssey has changed a lot! I miss the heart to heart talks that Whit had with the kids, and in the older episodes, there was a LOT more Scripture applied in episodes, and just Whit’s faith that he would talk about with the kids! You could come to him knowing that he would give you godly wisdom. I really miss the old Odyssey!
    -Hannah

• taliax177 on December 6th, 2010 - 7:29pm

An Agreeable Nanny is my fav. episode out of the whole collection! ROA, what state do you live in?

• Anonymous on December 7th, 2010 - 11:02am

i love Kari Whalgren’s voice acting! this was so good!

• Mg on December 7th, 2010 - 2:31pm

I thought this episode was really funny. However I found that it was not ‘historically’ accurate when it said that ‘George Washington threw the British out of the country’. AIO used to be un-offensive to all who listen… but now… Also I thought ‘Maria’s accent was way to fake. But except for that I thought it was great. Although I have to admit I agree with ALINA.

• HUGE FAN#2 on December 7th, 2010 - 2:45pm

Thought it was a really funny episode! <3 AIO :)

• HUGE FAN on December 7th, 2010 - 4:32pm

I really love “An Agreeable Nanny” it is really cool.

• HUGE FAN on December 7th, 2010 - 5:34pm

An Agreeable Nanny is really funny!.

• oregongirl on December 7th, 2010 - 6:49pm

This episode seems alot like two sides to every story, the parents go out and leave the kids home(or in this case with a babysitter), the kids get into trouble and then their parents come home. also, the way the episode is told is almost exactly like grandma’s visit, the kids come into whits end, whit asks where they’ve been and then they tell the story. overall i liked the episode although it was pretty chaotic!! i didn’t get the whole fake english accent thing though, what was that all about??

• Aio listener on December 7th, 2010 - 7:27pm

Anybody know what mom and dad Parkers names are? I was thinking that the dad’s was David.Is this right?? And what about the mom?For the life of me, I can’t remember! My sister and I insist it was something like Elane or Ellen. Is it?

• Aio listener on December 7th, 2010 - 7:34pm

Oh, and by the way(this is not an afterthought, mind you),hats off to all those who were present at Pearl Harbor on this day 69 years ago. I salute you who gave your lives and you who are still here today. You are my heroes.

• odyssyfan#1 on December 7th, 2010 - 7:55pm

I absolutely loved it!!! And by the way i just whanted to say that I think people should stop juding the new albums i meen they said they where going to create new albums not keep going back to the old ways i meen can’t we let them start a new odyssey insead of hanging on to the old one. its not that i don’t like the old ones i meen i love them both. ~Ashlyn~

• Grace on December 7th, 2010 - 9:38pm

I loved it! It brings back many of my memories from childhood :)

• HUGE FAN#2 on December 8th, 2010 - 12:16am

What about the Parker-Jones detective agency? Can you do another episode with the Parker-Jones detective agency?

• CJ on December 8th, 2010 - 11:06am

Great story-my brother loves it when she references a spoonful of sugar (Like in mary poppins.) :) LOVE this album…miss the old characters though :(

• CJ on December 8th, 2010 - 2:02pm

ALINA–
    I have to disagree with you. I think Mr. Whitaker is better than he was. He seems more real, more outgoing, more alive, more likable.

also
    I love the episodes with families in it…can AIO PLEASE bring back the Washington family and Rodney??? Also what happened to Mandy???

• Abbie on December 8th, 2010 - 2:26pm

This episode sounded WAY to fake. I thought the Odyssey kids were more responsible than this. I mean seriously, dish-washing with the hose, and banana fights? Even my brothers (7 and 9) would know not to do that! Despite that, this episode was OK. I hope the new episodes keep improving! :) Luv Odyssey!

• Odysseyfan#1 on December 8th, 2010 - 4:45pm

An Agreeable Nanny Review Part 1

Well, we have 2 more episodes left in the album 52 season, and this one was the last episode of the season i felt was just decent. I don’t know, I’m sure it’s a great episode, but i think i have a phobia for chaos. I just can’t stand chaos – like in today’s episode. i don’t feel like I am quite adequate to review this episode just for that reason. I thought the episode was fine, better than others this season such as “Opposite Day”, but not terrifically…

• Odysseyfan#1 on December 8th, 2010 - 4:49pm

An Agreeable Nanny Review Part 2

outstanding. I probably wouldn’t list it in my top 100s or anything, but it was still a decent episode. I just didn’t think there was quite enough moral to the story, just 24 minutes of chaos, plates on power hoses, banana fights, and Jurassic aliens. I thought Kari Wahlgren did fine, and so did the parker family, but there was nothing particularly memorable about this episode. It had some funny moments, but nothing particularly “laugh-out-loud” funny…

• Odysseyfan#1 on December 8th, 2010 - 4:50pm

An Agreeable Nanny Review Part 3

but, it was still a decent episode. If you happened to miss this one, it’s not a huge deal, but you might as well listen to it if you can. Maybe some people might like it, but i’m not a chaos-enjoyer. I’m quite the opposite in fact. But, sit back and enjoy this episode, and you’ll probably disagree with me…

• Odysseyfan#1 on December 8th, 2010 - 4:52pm

An Agreeable Nanny Pros & Cons

Pros:

-”Jurassic Alien!”

-Matthew Parker’s Acting

Cons:

-Too much Chaos

-Too little moral

Next Week: “The Malted Milkball Falcon” – Another fun mystery episode… even though it’s exactly like “Broken Window”

• Rock-o-ages on December 8th, 2010 - 7:04pm

Loved the episode! :D Great job AIO!
    Roa

• Jamie on December 9th, 2010 - 8:38am

Ok, Totally off subject, but listening to AIO recently and heard an add for Focus on the Family… And it said (this is a direct quote)that focas on the family is “Physcologicly Based” Shoudn’t it be Bible Based??!?!? Because isn’t psychology based on the fact that man is basically good?? and as we all found out in one of last weeks episodes man is basically evil! sooo focus on the Family… why is that??

• madison on December 9th, 2010 - 3:19pm

Wow…The more I listen to these new episodes the more I find my self wishing that I could buy the old ones…Sorry AiO but that is what I think, but I am still awaiting the release of #53. I just started listing last year some time so I have only heard a few episodes. I do wish you would bring back Katrina.I rate this episode 2.5 stars out of five. The new episodes could use more direct bible references and more of Connie, Eugene and Whit talking about the bible to the kids and each other.

• Jace on December 9th, 2010 - 6:31pm

I like it!

• meme on December 10th, 2010 - 10:29am

i agree odyssyfan#2,i agree.

• jasonwhittak on December 10th, 2010 - 8:41pm

i luv aio

• mael on December 11th, 2010 - 6:49am

Yeah Loryn, they have BLACK PUDDING. I’ll eat anything so not knowing or even knowing, I would probably eat it.

• noelle on December 12th, 2010 - 8:26am

ALINA i think you are right about mr whittaker! LOVED an agreeable nanny sooo cute!!!

• carissa on December 13th, 2010 - 1:53pm

Hi I thought it was a great episode, maybe a LITTLE hectic…lol :)
    I liked it when she mentioned a spoonful of sugar (makes the medicine go down…) just like Mary Poppins! :)

• me on December 13th, 2010 - 1:54pm

I love this episode :-)

• me on December 13th, 2010 - 1:54pm

I loved it when she mentioned a spoonful of sugar…like mary poppins!

• ewe 122 on December 13th, 2010 - 3:23pm

LORYN: yes we do eat BLACK PUDDING in england but i don’t like it much, i will eat it but it’s not my favourite thing to eat, i did not realise that BLACK PUDDING was made out of that stuff.

• ari on December 15th, 2010 - 9:58am

This episode was one of the better ones so far. I far more enjoyed this one then I did any of the ones in 51. But the Parker kids are very immature. Seriously, an 8 and 11-year-old throwing bananas at each other! But these kids aren’t homeschooled. I’m glad I’d never think of pelting my innocent 8-year-old sister with squishy bananas!(I might, however, shoot rubber bands at her) Matthew is pretty creative in thinking to wash the dishes with a hose, though it’s probably most unpractical in real life. I love how he makes a comment about George Washington kicking the British out.(no offence to British people) The way Camilla screams is so cute. I love it when she comes running out and says it was a bad idea to watch that really scary movie.
    Can’t really say I’m excited about “Grandma’s Christmas Visit.” I can’t stand Abuelita and her potty jokes! >:O
    Lady Airwren

• oregon girl! on December 15th, 2010 - 9:27pm

@aio listener: The Parker Parents are David and (i don’t know which) Ava/Eva. I don’t know for sure does anyone else??

Question: whats everyones favorite episode???

• taliax177 on December 16th, 2010 - 8:47am

How do you get those smileys on your posts like that people?

Satrianifreak/TX177

• Deanna on December 16th, 2010 - 9:46am

Great actin everyone! The Parker children really sounded shocked when they found out who Maria really was. And to think that they read that all from a script! Great episode (I seem to say that all time but maybe that is just because I love AIO and I love acting lol) :)

• SARAH a on December 16th, 2010 - 1:37pm

Well I personally really liked this episode.It was chaotic.But who’s house insn’t at one time or another?But i do agre with some people that it was way more chaotic then other episodes.Jamie
    i agre with you that it should be biblically based but their advice is pschyoclogically based in that it isn’t just someones random ideas of how to raise children.
    Odyssey Fan#1
    People do need to focus on the good thngs about the episodes and not the bad things but we do miss the old.People should focus

• SARAH a on December 16th, 2010 - 1:38pm

on these episodes

• E on December 17th, 2010 - 8:26am

Odyssey just doesn’t have the same sparkle that it used to….

• Mynni on December 17th, 2010 - 3:52pm

I loved this episode…I think it was my favorate out of all the newer Odysseys…what exactly is black pudding?

• Vincent on December 20th, 2010 - 10:56am

It’s a type of sausage made with pig’s blood.

• ari on December 20th, 2010 - 11:07am

MYNNI: Ewe 122 is from England and has eaten black pudding. That person’s comments are further up. You could ask that person.
    Lady Airwrenhill

• Nicole on December 21st, 2010 - 5:22am

Odyssey review part one:

Hi all, my name is Nicole, I’m 14 years old. I live in Wellington, New Zealand with my three brothers (5, 8, and 12) and my Mum and Dad. I’m home schooled (just like Aubrey) :) In all the old albums there was always more than one family!! in the last two box sets/albums there has only been the Parker’s! I know me and my brothers would never be THAT immature! In fact I don’t know anyone who would do that! Odyssey family’s have always seemed very believable and…..

• Nicole on December 21st, 2010 - 5:32am

Odyssey review part two:

…totally normal(!) but the Parker’s seem so abnormal and very dreamy. Does that make sense? I hope it does. And I totally agree with ALINA I think that lately Odyssey has been a lot less Christian, and being probably the main reason I like Adventures in Odyssey it’s very disappointing! I also agree with JAMIE it definitely should be Bible based! And I also agree with Madison. I on the other hand disagree with CJ. I would love it if the real Connie came back! To me….

• Nicole on December 21st, 2010 - 5:40am

Odyssey review part three:

….it seems like she is a very different person, when the old Whit left so did the real Connie! She should go out on a date, or be curious like she used to, or run into Mitch!!! I would love it if Odyssey family’s moved away instead of just leaving! Where do they go?!?! There’s almost no Christian part in Adventures in Odyssey any more!!

Nicole

Please tell me what you think!!

• Mynni on December 21st, 2010 - 1:49pm

Black pudding sounds…intresting.

• Tie on December 21st, 2010 - 1:50pm

Light a candle this Christmas for the children that Herod killed on the first Christmas, and light a candle for the hungry, homeless familys around the world.

• savanna on December 22nd, 2010 - 2:13pm

i love Grandma’s Christmas Visit” :) and i like Jay on odyssey he is funny :) and a very good bully! :)

• savanna on December 22nd, 2010 - 2:16pm

Plus i like the Jones family and the Parker family :)

• savanna on December 22nd, 2010 - 2:22pm

i agree with Alina i miis the old Mr:whittaker :(

• savanna on December 22nd, 2010 - 2:23pm

i ment miss sorry :(

• nicole on December 22nd, 2010 - 8:39pm

Merry Christmas!! Only two more sleeps!! I wish that there was an Adventures in Odyssey movie!! But with real people not animated! That would be sooooo cool. If they got the right actors of course! PLEASE Adventures in Odyssey!!!

• capa girl on December 22nd, 2010 - 10:38pm

hey I love this odyseyy!! hey nicole,i am homeschooled too!

• mynni on January 6th, 2011 - 7:45pm

Oh, please don’t start the whole homeschooling thing going again! (I’m homeschooled too) :)
    We all miss the old Whit, but the new one is good too, we just have to get used to him! (The old Whit, Paul Herling((I think that’s what the last name was?))died awhile ago :( )
    Thanks AIO 4 everything! :P HAPPY NEW YEAR :D AND WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL :( lol

• narnialover on January 10th, 2011 - 6:49pm

I AM HOMESCHOOLED 2. ;) ?

• narnialover on January 10th, 2011 - 6:50pm

:( I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW AIO:(

• Mynni on January 12th, 2011 - 10:51pm

Anyone see the new Narnia? I haven’t yet :( I can’t wait to :P !

• huson on January 13th, 2011 - 7:33pm

Connie has worked at Whit’s End since she moved to Odyssey. She is spontaneous and never inclined to hold back what she’s thinking, but she has a strong heart for discipleship—especially toward the kids at Whit’s End.

• ari on January 13th, 2011 - 8:04pm

Me neither, MYNNI!!! :) ;)

• Mynni on January 17th, 2011 - 4:28pm

Connie also never gets old…lol.
    My mom is taking us to see Narnia in a theater tonight…I’m 14, and I’ve never been in one before, LOL! :)

• brooke on January 20th, 2011 - 6:09pm

This was the best episode ever!!! :) (EXCEPT Castles and Caldrouns) ;)

• brooke on January 20th, 2011 - 6:10pm

I’m homeschooled too! :)

• Kat on January 21st, 2011 - 10:51pm

Question for AIO: What happened to Everett Meltsner(Eugene’s younger brother)?? There was a huge deal made about him in Album 48 and 49, and it seemed like he was going to be in up coming episodes. But he hasn’t!!! You’d think Eugene would at least mention his brother or his father, and he hasn’t! (I think an appropriete place for him to be mentioned would be in A Thankstaking Story when they are talking about who they normally spend Thanksgiving with.) It’s like they’ve completely dissapeared!!

• Kat on January 21st, 2011 - 10:53pm

Another question: Are you guys (meaning people @ AIO) going to update the Official Guide?

• Mynni on January 25th, 2011 - 12:30pm

Yeah, I agree with Kat. Where are Everett and Eugene’s dad? They need to at least be mentioned, and I’d love it if we got to ‘see’ them again!
    whatever happened to Katrina? I hear her name mentioned, but we never hear her! I miss those people! :(
    I still like the new AIO. ;) :P

• Kat on January 26th, 2011 - 6:23pm

Yeah I went back and listened to the episode A New Era, and remembered that Everett went with his dad back to Africa (or where ever they went). Oopps! Should have listened to that episode before I posted that question. Just ignore what I said. =)

• Diva on February 2nd, 2011 - 10:52am

Haha, I’m British and I’m an actress, so I really appreciate this episode! I also got a good laugh out of it. This may be a coincidence, but my sister is a baby sitter!

• Diva on February 2nd, 2011 - 10:56am

I really miss the old characters too :( But everything happens for a reason :) Although we might miss Paul H. and Walker E. Their in heaven now… WOOT! WOOT!

• Diva on February 2nd, 2011 - 11:01am

I forgot to add this in my last TWO comments… Sorry… Anyway, what happened to the old artist?

• Mynni on February 10th, 2011 - 5:38pm

I still never hear Everett and Eugene’s dad mentioned…which episode do they go back to Africa in?
    I’d love it if the came back…just to visit! :P

• Peggy on February 24th, 2011 - 7:59pm

I like the Parkers a lot but I do agree there should be more Christianity in the episodes…then I’d like these new episodes even more!

• Abbie on March 11th, 2011 - 9:57am

You know as much as I like AIO I find that the new addvenchers are so diffrent from the old one’s. I mean.. WHAT HAPEND TO TOM AND BERNARD????? And the Washingtons? How did they go? My fav episod of them is “Sunday Morning Scramble” Please bring them back!!!!!

Alina? I SO agree with you!!

Abbie.

• c.a.c. on March 24th, 2011 - 10:42am

100th comment!

• Libby on April 1st, 2011 - 9:16pm

I LOVE ADVENTURES IN ODYESSY. I think that my parents are very smart people. I love them. Well one resposibility that my parents have given me is babysitting. I love babysitting, and I have earned that responsibility (that’s what my mom said)~

I <3 Adventures in Odyssey!

Libby:) ;) :0) :~)

• Libby on April 1st, 2011 - 9:17pm

I Meant responsibility! Sorry. Libby :)

• whitsendblog on April 19th, 2011 - 5:38pm

Devotional an agreeable nanny.. I like it :)

• stormy on April 30th, 2011 - 9:40pm

hey odyssey fans, I’m a new listener for odyssey,I’m the sister of Sheyenne,I started listening when the green ring conspiracy came on,we listened to part eight this morning,and I can’t believe it was Jason Whitaker!! Why on earth would he kidnap his own nephew?! WOW THIS ROCKS

• Dana barkley on August 23rd, 2011 - 3:07am

Alina i sort of agree with you whit has changed connie & eugene too

BUT EVERYONES FAV Carictor MUST BE DONNA RENEE BARCLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ileena on October 18th, 2011 - 7:29pm

is it just me or has mr whits voice like completely changed

• Helper on January 3rd, 2012 - 9:08pm

I agree with Alina, Whit has changed. I like the old Whit better. But the new Whit is Still good.

• mr. hi on September 11th, 2012 - 8:56am

:D

• michael on October 3rd, 2012 - 1:55pm

UMMM CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE OLD FAMILIES LIKE THE WASHINGTONS AND THE RATHBONES? its like they just disappeared ?????????????

• Laney on November 18th, 2012 - 7:29pm

How exactly do you listen to “Agreeable Nanny”?

• Abi on January 6th, 2013 - 5:34pm

I agree with Alina, things have changed. What happened to the church? They used to have episodes with the church, and they don’t anymore. Everything is serious, like Novacom and the Green Ring Conspiracy. They do reruns but it’s not the same. The characters have changed, too. Connie didn’t used to worry about everything. I also liked it when her and Eugene argued, but they don’t anymore. Whit doesn’t seem as wise or grandfatherly as he used to. I miss the old Odyssey.

• mikah on March 18th, 2013 - 3:40pm

I think this is the perfect place to start a book club with JESSICA and DR.DENE

• CopyKat on March 19th, 2013 - 10:30am

Oh what kind of book club? :D

/\__/\
    (=^.^=)
    (“)(“)__/CopyKat

• josie on August 14th, 2013 - 6:35pm

I like both new and old odyssey

• Anonymous on September 28th, 2013 - 12:01pm

my parents got me a rabbit for Christmas 2010i was given directions from ,my parents, to take care of it.feeding,brushing,holding,bathing,most of all loving it,giving her water
    taking it for stretches,petting